time wasting posts

Are you a registered user having trouble using the forums? Come here to ask for support, especially if something doesn't work as expected.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

time wasting posts

Postby brfc » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:32 am

i see pwif and peecee have found a lot of time wasting posts from people. makes me annoyed and i hope it stops as it is stopping responses to real problems on here.
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby all_apologies » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:06 am

Hey brfc, you're totally right and it's a really annoying problem that happens on most forum-based sites. The mods are used to the type of problems that are usually posted on PP, and we usually find that as soon as one of these hoax threads is started, one of us flags it to the rest of the moderators and we'll leave it open just a little longer while we confirm it is a hoax. We'll then lock and remove the thread, and likely ban the user account. There's not much else we can do; you'll get idiots wherever you go unfortunately. Hopefully the zero-tolerance approach hinders them from coming back again though.
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Pwif » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:52 am

A_A is right. The mods normally nip timewasters in the bud very quickly (and they are very much in the minority).

I think PP is a very special site, because there are so many people who are prepared to help others. The majority of the posts are genuine, so carry on assisting other PPers. It's very much appreciated. :P
Live life to the full
Pwif
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby peecee » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:46 pm

Well done, brfc! :P

I would add to the above posts by saying that PP belongs to ALL of us; and it's up to ALL of us to use our common sense; in other forums, when a post is blatantly a ridiculous mickey-take, I've seen members take it seriously and try to help with the "problem".

Thankfully, seasoned PPers, although they are happy to help even beyond the call of duty, are not so easily duped! :D

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Forum Support