Just a ucas question !

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Just a ucas question !

Postby Beckie » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:44 pm

Anyone who is at university or applied through ucas at all, specially if you started last year (as its probably not changed since then)..

Where the course information on ucas says "start date", is that when the actual course begins and you'll be told to arrive even sooner, or is that literally the day you're supposed to arrive at your accomodation and everything? Hope that makes sense!

I know I'll find out all in due course and everything, but I can't find out right now no matter where i look and i had some important plans for the end of august and now one of my friends has said that if my start date is september first I'll be arriving week or so before?? :roll:

i'll be surprised if anyone on here has a clue because nobody else does!

xx
Beckie
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby all_apologies » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:07 pm

That'll be the date your actual course starts. It's up to you how early you would arrive to get settled in prior to that; there's no set time.
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby bellajennie » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:22 am

my ucas form said start date sept and this turned out to be the end of september. When your results are confirmed you will usually be given final details about accommodation and freshers week by the uni you are attending. If in doubt about your plans before then, I would ring the admissions office to get guidance about it.
The World is Your Oyster - If only you could get the damn thing open!
bellajennie
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Beckie » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:42 am

sounds like my friend could be right then :roll:

thanks a lot for replies!

<3
Beckie
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Return to School, College & University