A level courses

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

A level courses

Postby Lust » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:56 pm

Heyy, im about to start college in september and was wondering if anyone who has been through A levels and stuff could tell me about them and how they found the courses. im taking A levels in
Btec Art
English language + literature
Psycology

i just wondered like what sorta things to expect and stuff so im prepared for them :)
Lust
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby miaow » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:21 pm

Hi,

You'll find you'll have more freedom ie spare lessons to go sit in common room and stuff, and things will not be as strict as School. This is good in sense it learns you to be independent and look after yourself, and plan your time. But just be careful you dont get carried away, your there to work not skive off just coz you can.

The work - was fine, get more work to do at home and out of hours but if you fit doing this into your free sessions in the week you wont have to do it at home.

Was fun - youlll meet lots of new ppl, there will be lots of events you can go to if you want, its really good!! :)
miaow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Rock_Queen » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:56 pm

English Lit+Lang - tough!
I took it and i'm expecting a U, but that's because i'm lazy and i didn't get on with my grumpy teacher very well. You just have to be passionate about English and really want to learn and it you'll do fine, don't let it get over your head! :) You'll find a lot of people will drop out.
Rock_Queen
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Lust » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:03 pm

Thanks for the advice both of you :D

What sort of things have you had to do in your english language+lit class ?
Lust
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Rock_Queen » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:14 pm

You study novels, we had to look at "the color purple" and "the scarlet letter"
The latter book was absoloute hell, i hope you don't get lumped with it! They were both aimed at how women cope in the world and stuff. And there's coursework - a creative piece of writing and something else i can't remember..... #-o
It was good fun when you'd get into heated debates about the books though, enjoy the year/2 years :)
Rock_Queen
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to School, College & University