No to suicide

For problems with mental or emotional well being.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Postby chocolate&wine » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:39 am

i thought about ending my life last week. ive had a truly awful year; i took my violent ex partner to court and he got off after lying through his teeth and humiliating me in court, my dad almost died a month later, then struggled on with terminal lung cancer and died last month. i think it just hit me all in one go and thats what depression is, its like everything that is wrong in your life just hits you at once and you feel like you just cannot cope anymore. my heart goes out to anyone reading this right now who is currently feeling the same thing. all i can say is its not wrong for you to feel so bad about anything in your life. i have always been the sort to bottle things up and get on with things. ive realised i shouldnt have done that and when i wanted to end it all last week, i realised there and then i really need to do something about this.there were warning signs of the depression months ago only i didnt see them, things like excessive tiredness, withdrawal from social engagements, very low self esteem, mood swings etc etc. if you feel depressed you need to talk to someone about how you feel, the anger and frustration you feel needs an outlet. it may sound silly but talking really does help, especially to someone who wont judge you. i found the samaritans easy to talk to and they allowed me to chat freely and openly.the first step to healing is being open and honest about everything that is hurting you. suicide can seem like the only way out but it leaves behind so much devastation x x x
The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return X
chocolate&wine
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Sucide

Postby Pastagirl » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:50 pm

I agree that sucicide is not something to do but many people that do it cannot see a way out and at times we've probably all thought that but our minds quickly tell us to get a grip. For some people there is not a way out. My grandfather comitted sucicide because his problems could not be solved. He had lost his wife of 53 years 2 years previously and had then had a major op which later resulted in a small stroke and from being the active man he was everything was hard work. He felt he he had his life, nothing would bring his wife or his health back and i'm sure on the day it happened he probably thought he was a burden to his family. It brought a lot of distress to the family and i for one was angry at what he'd done but when i stopped to think i realised what we couldn't of helped him any more than we all had. I think if a young person commits sucicide then that is a tragedy because usually their problems can be solved and they have their whole lives ahead of them. I'd like to end on that if you are feeling low or alone you need to talk to someone not keep it to yourself. It can seem like the end of the world but it isn't. If you can't talk to friends, talk to the Samaritans.
Pastagirl
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby skell » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:29 am

I just wanted to support this no to suicide forum. I tried to commit suicide a few years back when i was in a low place but im so glad everything has turned out for me. Back then i couldnt see my life getting any better and i was so unhappy. now i have fantastic friends around me and everythin is getting better. I also lost a friend trhough suicide last year, and i saw so many people including myself devasted. when people are that low they are in their own world they cant see any positivty or love from other people and hink they wont be missed. well my friend is missed everyday and if i had of knowing what he was going through i would have tried to help. i just hope hes happier now. no matter how bad life gets it can always turn around and dont ever forget that xx :)
skell
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

i bo how it feels

Postby jasmine1009 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:01 pm

i am a offender of self harm and overdoses i understand how it feels
im only 13 and im a kid in care y shouldnt i end my life

but im glad u didnt kill yourself youve got the rest of your life :-?
jasmine1009
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

i no how it feels

Postby jasmine1009 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:39 pm

i am 13 years old and i have been a victim of self harm and attempted overdose.
only two months ago did i try but it didnt work and i wish it would of but im glad you didnt your family and friends would be so upset and as for me no1 would care as i dont have any family and i am in care

but love jaz
jasmine1009
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby peecee » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:35 pm

I want to say something now, but I don’t know how to say it to really get the point across.

A close friend in my office had a phone call this morning to say that his nephew had hanged himself. The boy’s wife and father-in-law had found him. He’d tried killing himself with tablets before, and failed. So they knew he was in danger, but he refused point-blank to accept any help.

His young wife, with three tiny children to look after, has to now live with the horror of finding his dead body.

Do I actually need to find any more words to get my point across…?
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jess1234 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:33 pm

oh thats awful. I agree, people need to say no to suicide. They don't realise how much it affects those around them. Once someone has committed suicide the suffering is all over for them but it has only just begun for their friends and family, the people that care about them. 3 years ago I attempted it but I'm so glad that I survived because I know how much it would have affected those around me.
Look at what Peecee said and other people who have been affected directly or indirectly by suicide and think twice before you attempt.

Jess
Jess1234
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby peecee » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:53 pm

Jess, I've always thought you talked so much sense, me darling; I think you would do excellently at some career to do with people, like counselling or such? Maybe I should pm you something to that effect! :)

Sorry, feeling a bit emotional at the moment. Today the wife had to tell the littl'uns that daddy had gone to heaven, because they knew something was wrong when their granny and grandad were crying. The four-year old asked if she could phone daddy in heaven! Mummy had to tell her that she couldn't. "But daddy's got a mobile!", the little girl told her. I don't know how mummy didn't collapse in a heap.

I'll shut up in a minute, I suspect the other mods call me The Rambling Mod :) - I just wanted to add my voice to the PPers who have thought about suicide before - if we're honest, loads of us have been at that point. I'd say to the PPers who think that "nobody understands, so how can you preach to me" - my reason for turning back from it (it's years ago now, and I'm still here) was purely because of the people who would have had to deal with it; I'm more convinced than ever that I was right.

*Pee shuts up"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Pwif » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:21 pm

Pee,

I'm so gutted for the situation you have found yourself in. People who commit suicide don't do it to show off; they actually can't cope with life. However, they don't realise that they leave behind people who really care about them.

When you're in the black hole of despair, it's difficult to understand that there are people who really care about you - family, friends.

If anyone is reading this who has any doubts about coping with life, please, please talk to your doctor. They can (and do want to) help.

Pwif xxxx
Live life to the full
Pwif
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Jess1234 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:02 am

To back up what has already been said. About an hour after I posted on here last night my dad came home from work and said someone we know has committed suicide. This lady has left a husband and children behind and so many people are devastated by it. Read this thread, what people have said and how it has affected so many of us here and please say no to suicide.

Jess xxx

*hugs pee*
Jess1234
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby rufio89 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:22 am

When I was 14 I attempted suicide. At the time, I didnt believe that I would be hurting people by leaving them behind, because I genuinley believed that no-one really cared about me, and that if I wasn't there anymore, I wouldnt be inconveniencing them.

I took an overdose, and my Mum came into my room when I was barely concious, very confused and crying my eyes out. She took me to the hospital. All the way there she was very calm, but very insistent that that's what we had to do.

I stayed in hospital for a couple of days, and no-one visited me, and I was completely convinced that I had been right all along. When I was allowed home, I got there and all my siblings were there. They dont come home often so this was a big thing in itself. They were all devestated, all of them crying, like they were at a funeral. That was one of the defining moment of my life, and I realised I had to get strong again, and I realised what a huge impact I had on their lives.

Years later, that day still haunts me, but it made me realise what a selfish action suicide is. There is ALWAYS someone who cares about you.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Liquidius » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:40 pm

Just a bump to this topic really.

Here's why.

I have a friend called Jennie*. She's a diagnosed schizophrenic, and has manic depression. She attempted suicide 2 years ago by overdose, but was interrupted by her mum who took her to hospital. She only just survived.

Since then, she'd been in and out of hospital with all sorts of problems, mainly related to depression, and schizophrenia. She self harmed almost continually, and was often in hospital having her arms dressed and cleaned because of this. She once got an infection in one arm that was so serious she ended up in hospital for weeks.

Despite all of this, she was one of the nicest, kindest and patient people I have ever met. She had all the time in the world for anyone, and would do anything to help others. Yet, she never had any time for her own health, or herself. She often refused to take any medication perscribed, or visit her councellor.

Last night, she hung herself.

I've been to visit her Mum and brothers, and the devestation she's left behind is immense. Whatever was going on in her mind must have been so traumatic, she just couldn't cope with it anymore.

This is just a reminder to those out there that are thinking about suicide, and this is coming from the bottom of my heart, personally. Please please try and think about who you're leaving behind; those people who deep deep down you know care about you, because they're the ones left to pick up the pieces. Her family and friends are absolutely devestated.
Liquidius
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: No to suicide

Postby smallville » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:35 pm

survived 3 attempsts and found that if I keep busy there is no time for depression.
Also if you try to turn life around you will see how wonderful life can be, and how it is never possible to do everything you truly want.
Suicide is an easy way out but I dont have the time. :)
smallville
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby ennis81 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:49 am

My sisters just told me an awful story about a young girl who lives quite close to us.

She became pregnant at 17 and her mother kicked her out of the house, She went ahead and had the baby on her own, the fella left her too, she only had a couple of friends who visited her regularly in her little flat, (one of her friends works with my sister) oh jesus they found her the other day after takin an overdose, she just couldn't cope god love her, I'd really like everyone to say a little prayer for her and her poor child who is now motherless. Its absolutely heartbreaking I just wish she had felt someone could help her and maybe her young life wouldn't have ended like this, I hope she has found peace now X
ennis81
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:56 am

Aw Ennis it's such a shame for that girl, especially her baby. Whilst she should have been encouraged at 17 with pregnancy, she should have at least been supported, in the knowledge her parents thought it wrong. What a waste - imagine what a bit of help could have done!
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

PreviousNext

Return to Mental wellbeing