I think I have a crush on my teacher

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Postby HappyGoLucky » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:39 am

The Annonymous Potato wrote:well actually I find writing in the book and fantasising a method of controlling myself. Controlling myself Is going into school everyday, acting like everything is fine, hiding my feelings and resisting the urge to admit to him that I have a crush on him. I value your opinion, but either I tell the book how I feel or I tell him. Fantasy or reality. I can control fantasy, I can't control reality. So by resisting reality, is that not control?

I think if you continue fantasizing and writing in the book is not really controlling. You're doing a good job controlling your actions to your teacher but this is about you moving on. If you stop writing in the book, it'll be easier to move on.

Pwif wrote:
The Annonymous Potato wrote:Is mr. X jealous of my boyfriend? :-?

No.

Teachers realise that it's common for pupils to have a crush on them. This can be flattering, but they know that nothing will come of it.

Your teacher is married and has a daughter. Concentrate on having a good time with your bf, and in time, the crush you have on your teacher will disappear. I guarantee it.

I totally agree with Pwif.

I'm just expressing my views on this - Forget the fantasy, stop the book and concentrate on your bf. And I know it sounds like I think it's really easy but no, I know it's hard.
Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get!
HappyGoLucky
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:39 pm

At then end of the day you are still letting him control your actions by making sure you get your phone out near him and stuff like that
Just try to act normal around him, if your phone rings answer it but don't make a point of letting him hear
I know it is hard but like I said everytime you think something good about this guy try to think of something negative like he is married, or he has a daughter
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby Yellowcoaching » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:06 pm

I'd agree that you are looking too hard to find "evidence" that there is something between you and the teacher. Instead focus on your own life and if anything look for evidence that he is unavailable to you. While he may look on you as he does his daughter I seriously doubt he harbours any romantic feelings for you.
You only get one life; I can help you make the most of it.
Yellowcoaching
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby The Annonymous Potato » Wed May 14, 2008 11:21 pm

Ok, When I first posted this, I was really in denial, and I lied about a few things.

I said I had a crush on a teacher in his mid 40's.

there are 3 things wrong with that sentence.

I can't deny it or supress it from my self anymore.

1. I am MADLY IN LOVE.

2. she's 50.

3. that's right. SHE. she is female, as am I.

And I just realised something, I don't care. It doesn't matter if that makes anybody think I'm even sicker, because I thought it would go, but it won't, and now I don't want it to, because I love her. I'm not afraid to say that anymore. I love her, I have never felt this way about any boy before. I just don't care, so what if I'm bi. I love my teacher, and I can never stop loving her, and even if this forbidden love, this undying love must remain unrequitted love then so be it, This may be the worst feeling, But it is also the best feeling. And even though I can never be with her, I am grateful just to be around her. It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

And if that makes me sick, then so be it. 8)
Last edited by The Annonymous Potato on Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I shall blend in, like a potato in a swimming pool
The Annonymous Potato
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby peecee » Wed May 14, 2008 11:47 pm

Darling, it's all very dramatic, isn't it! :)

Look, just because she's female and older than you first said, it doesn't make you "sick". Nobody here has even hinted that.

Equally, it doesn't change anything, I'm afraid. All the posts in this thread are still relevant. We've all been there, whether our crush has been the same sex, different sex, 10 years older or 30. We ALL do it. Seriously. And it's the best/worst thing ever, for each of us. It IS part of growing up. So you might as well enjoy it/suffer it now - in the space of 2 years you will have moved on so far that you'll be looking back on your younger self with a gentle smile.

Let me repeat - nobody here thinks you're "sick". I think you know that, but you wanted to take the chance to talk about your crush, just like every teenager does. Fair enough - talking is safe, as long as it stops there.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bel Bel » Thu May 15, 2008 11:14 am

No I agree with PC you are not sick if anything you are sickingly normal to have this kind of crush as pecee says we all do it
I was just grateful mine was boy george (a gay pop star) so didn't have to see him everyday
Don't worry so much just don't tell either teacher your feelings :D

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby sacrerouge » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:30 pm

When it comes down to it, ask yourself how well you know your teacher REALLY. Perhaps the reality of the matter is 'not very well'; for all you know, she could be an active BNP member, with much poorer personal hygiene than you give her credit for, she could have unsightly bunions on her feet........all wild exaggerations perhaps, but any one of those things could be true and could be deal-breakers! (come up with some of your own that could apply to her potentially). With all due respect, it can't be really love if you barely know her and if you've built up a perhaps unrealistic vision, so maybe it'd help to see things in that way :).
It seems from what you've said that you see writing everything down as a form of therapy, which is fair enough. Have a go though at writing about it from the p.o.v of an outside observer and try to describe it in as neutral a way as possible - that may help you to distance yourself from the situation a little and see the wood for the trees, as it were. It may also be of help for you to throw your energies into other things (work, boyfriend, social life, hopes & dreams etc), so that this isn't the one thing for your mind to focus on. What's the one thing you want to achieve for yourself, for your own confidence and self-progression, before the end of this year? Set yourself a goal and throw yourself into achieving it. With any luck, you may not have much time to write about things anymore, and this may help you to see things in a more rational light :)

Above all, the more you tell yourself it's a crush, eventually the easier it'll get :) We've all been there :)
sacrerouge
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby The Annonymous Potato » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:05 pm

a good P.o.v Sacrerouge

But no, she's quite liberal, has quite small bunion free feet and has better personal hygiene than me. But nonetheless, a good idea, I'll think of something like that.

it's more like other things are being thrown into my energy.(work/boyfriend/social life/hopes and dreams)

Work: I have to redo some coursework (got A* in the paper, F in the coursework), plus I'm thinking of getting a part time job soon.

Boyfriend: been flirting a lot with my best friend's friend who I just met, but he's got a girlfriend....

Social Life: moving in with my Dad and step mom in november, who are getting married. Also trying to stand up to/ or trying not to anger my phycotic, manipulative mother is very time consuming.

hopes and dreams: Freedom......escaping from my evil mother in one piece, that's high hoping.

My goals for this year: get away from satan...I mean my mother, and get at least a c on my coursework this time.

So yeah I'm pretty distracted right now, especially since it's the summer and I haven't seen her for nearly 2 months. but there hasn't been one day where I haven't thought about her.....
I shall blend in, like a potato in a swimming pool
The Annonymous Potato
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:09 am

You seem to always go for people who you know deep down are unobtainable the teacher and the boy who has a girlfriend
You obviously are afraid to get hurt or get close to anyone probably because of your mum
Moving in with your Dad will probably help you get on a more even keel but it may take time
Definately fill your time for now with the job and course work, they will be rewarding at the end of the day anyway.
Good luck and I hope things work out when you go to live with your dad

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Re: I think I have a crush on my teacher

Postby Caramia » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:40 pm

Hey there,

I'm 22 years old now, but I met my first "boyfriend" when I was 16. He was a teacher who I kinda had a crush on when I was at school. Nothing happened whilst I was at school but we met up when I left and then had a 7 month relationship despite his 14 year long relationship with his girlfriend.

Please be careful. Those 7 months I spent with him has left me haunted for life. I too used to write a story about it. I never thought it would actually happen. I know some people who have had relationships with their teachers and it's worked out really well, but not for me. He was 32 and I was 16 - I didn't really want anything to happen (as I discovered recently through counselling) I just couldn't say no.

He split up with me not long after my 17th birthday and went back to his previous relationship. He now has a little girl with her and has finally taken her down the aisle. It's taken me a long time to get this far and I'm working on closing that section of my life now.

So please please be careful. Some teachers are good and responsible. Some aren't. I was one of his good pupils too and I used to go to him for advice. Keep your head screwed on. I don't think that there's a reason why you fancy a teacher. Most counsellors say that it's because I wanted a father figure - I hate that! Just be careful and think of the consequences as it seems very romantic in your mind, but it's not in the long run in reality.

xxx

Edit: Just read the date of the last post... I'm a bit late eh?!
Caramia
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Previous

Return to School, College & University