Art Essay

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Art Essay

Postby xboomxboomx » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:40 pm

Well basically for my higher art I have to write an essay containing information about artists and an example of their painting. My teacher recommended that I chose Francis Bacon and I'm supposed to write about a landscape painting but the thing is I cant seem to find any lanscapes by him :-? can anyone help?
xboomxboomx
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Art Essay

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:24 am

Would an option be changing the artist? Do a bit of research and find other people you could write about, and go back to your teacher with the research and ask about changing.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby rufio89 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:34 am

My advice for art essays would be ignore your teacher. Choose an artist you know about, or at least someone where you look at their work and think "wow", otherwise it's damn near impossible to write anything worth reading. You need to have a passion for it.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby all_apologies » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:28 pm

Yeah, and you'll get points for originality.
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Liquidius » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:29 am

I did art at univerity, and I always found it useful to write about someone you find interesting, no matter who it is. If you're not passionate about their art, or don't find it interesting, you're almost doomed to failure.

Frances Bacon isn't all landscapes though. Google him!
Liquidius
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Aligator » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:13 pm

see if u can do some1 else and if not it might be a bit hard...as sed before if it doesnt catch ur eye then maybe u will have to change or u'll find it to hard.

is this a mid term exam thing or just an essay. if it something that doesnt decide ur future then dont worry because if u relax and do what comes naturally then u will probably get a good result considering its quiet hard :)

lol it could all be for nothing seeing as its probably handed in by now
R U OK?
Aligator
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby glady » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:13 am

xboomxboomx wrote:Well basically for my higher art I have to write an essay containing information about artists and an example of their painting. My teacher recommended that I chose Francis Bacon and I'm supposed to write about a landscape painting but the thing is I cant seem to find any lanscapes by him :-? can anyone help?

I've tried to search for Francis bacon and I've seen nothing about his landscape painting. Have you tried asking your teacher for another artist? Maybe your teacher just shuffle things a bit and put Francis Bacon into landscaping. :)
glady
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to School, College & University