IT got worse between my mate and this girl she proposed

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

IT got worse between my mate and this girl she proposed

Postby dandedoodles » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:37 pm

Ive posted a about my friend before and this girl he meet on the internet, well things have got worse, she proposed to him on tuesday through the computer my friend said no not yet untill they actually meet and see how things get on, shes also talking about moving over hear to be closer to him, he says that she doesnt want to move fast but she is

Its really driving me mad that shes jumping to fast when they havent even met,
please help me with any advice

It just seems even more strange that she proposed to him the other day

would anyone else ask someone to marrie them if they havent meet
dandedoodles
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: IT got worse between my mate and this girl she proposed

Postby snail » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:47 pm

I wouldn't read too much into it, it's the sort of silly, impulsive, romantic thing people say in the early stages of a relationship when everything's new and exciting. She wouldn't really marry him without having met him first, or move here without a good reason.

I think you have to let your friend handle this himself. Advise him, by all means, but what he does is up to him.

Although I do think someone should tell this poor woman that he is still in a relationship, and regularly sleeping with someone else.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:20 pm

it could all be some big wind up but she certainly seems a bit desperate if not but as I said before you can't stop your mate if it's what he wants to do
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby reckoner » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:21 pm

Hi dandedoodles,

Bel Bel wrote:you can't stop your mate if it's what he wants to do

This is the bottom line. The hardest thing with friends, or anyone you care for, is when they do things you don't agree with. It can seem like watching a car crash in slow motion, you can see how it's going to end but there's nothing you can do to stop it. But, ultimately, if you respect your friend, you have to respect their choices.

However, I share your opinion, it seems madness to be talking about marriage before they've even met. I know how easy it is for intense relationships to develop in certain circumstances, like being on holiday and being online. It's as though the limited nature of the relationship, knowing that it can only exist in temporary or particular circumstances, intensifies the feelings. You end up sharing intimate things with people that are relative, or 'real world', strangers. So it's important to have friends to provide some kind of perspective, or a second opinion, and I reckon your friend needs friends who can do that.

The thing is you have to be really careful. You have to tread a very narrow line. You mustn't undermine the relationship he has with this person because it's important to him. If he doesn't think you're taking that seriously, he won't take you seriously. And you have to offer your opinion sparingly. If he thinks you're just going to go on at him, or keep saying the 'same old things', he won't listen to you. And if he doesn't want your opinion, then you shouldn't give it. So, think hard about what you want to say, how you're going to say it and choose your time carefully, asking his permission to give your opinion first. He must know, above all, that you have only what's best for him at heart, so you have to take what he has to say very seriously. And understand that it's his responsibility to know what's best for him, not yours.

Be there for him, support him and respect his wishes. And good luck, because it's not easy.
reckoner
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:19 am

Sounds to me like she wants a get out of her own country quick...i.e. VISA!

I don't know if she is in another country but I think you said she is coming "over" to visit.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby spacegirl » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:36 pm

dipsy you took the words right out of my mouth...
not if you were the last dandy on earth
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby dogtan » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:15 am

I dont mean to be rude but isnt that for your friend to worry about?
dogtan
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Friends