Friend Rant

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Friend Rant

Postby sarahmienwok » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:02 am

Grrr. This isn't a problem, I just need a good rant, and my boyfriend isn't around at the moment to bear the brunt of it!

Through the wonderful world of Facebook, I've just found out that at least 3 of my friends are getting together at the weekend, and haven't invited me. I was planning on messaging everybody to go out tonight, I've not seen them in ages, so I think I'm just bitter because I can't do that now, because I don't know who else is going and I don't want to look like the fool that no-one wants to hang around with. ARGGGGHHHH!!

Ok, end rant.
sarahmienwok
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: Friend Rant

Postby sarahmienwok » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:24 am

And I've just found out they're going skiing. They did it a couple of weeks ago, and I couldn't make it, but made it clear I really wanted to go next time. Oh, and it's not just the three of them, it's ALL of the girls in the little group we've formed. Great, that's made me feel a whole lot better.
sarahmienwok
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Pigglet » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:32 am

I would phone one of them and see if it comes up in the conversation, or just ask outright! :)

I know I've arranged things before and completely forgot to invite one or two of my longstanding friends totally by accident! See how they act with you, I should imagine they'll feel bad for forgeting to invite you or assuming that you wouldn't want to go for whatever reason!

If you don't do something you're going to spend all weekend stressing!! :)
Just remember, nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission. :D x
Pigglet
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby sarahmienwok » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:18 am

I know all of this because one of them told me. I asked her what she was doing at the weekend, and she said. They went a couple of weeks ago, and I told them, in person, how jealous I was that I couldn't go, and they HAD to tell me next time they were going because I REALLY wanted to go. This was exactly 2 weeks ago in fact.

Another one of them fobbed me off last weekend too. She wanted to see me, then when I brought it up a few days later she said she felt ill. The next day she told me she was doing something with some other girls (who I don't know).

It seems they have really short memories!
sarahmienwok
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:24 am

Maybe they assumed because your boyfriend is away that you were away too?
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby sarahmienwok » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:29 am

He's not away, that's next weekend. They might have forgotten me because when they think of me, they also think of him, and it's obviously a girly thing this weekend, but I'm not one of those girls that can't do anything without her fella, and they should know that. In fact, I was going to see them next weekend without him, so they do know it.
sarahmienwok
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:30 am

Can't you mention it to the person who organised it?
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby sarahmienwok » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:35 am

I might do, but not while they're all together! I don't actually know who's organised it to be honest. They're all going up to stay at one girl's house, but I think its one of the others who set it all up, the one that can actually ski! At the moment I'm thinking all kinds of immature, petty thoughts, so it's best to leave it till next week to say anything anyway. Then I can try to be mature about it! :)
sarahmienwok
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:40 am

Good plan.

Maybe they didn't want to ruin your weekend with your bf if they know he is going away next week?
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby sarahmienwok » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:51 am

It's a possibility, sure. But I dunno... The girl that told me said 'I thought *** had mentioned it to you', so it looks like they just forgot about me. Even though I told them how much I wanted to go.

Maybe it is just them forgetting, but part of me can't shake the thought that it's just because they didn't want me there. I've made a fool out of myself in the past when it comes to physical stuff. Actually, come to think of it, I'm 99% certain that's it now. I knew it would come back and bite me on the bum.

Ah well, whatever. I can go with my boyfriend and have a much better time.
sarahmienwok
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:14 am

sarahmienwok wrote:I can go with my boyfriend and have a much better time.

:D
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:56 pm

It sounds like one of those situations where one girl asked one and she said she'd asked so and so and it snoballed from there. Noone really knows who has invited who
Ring someone who is going and ask if you can come too, they will either react of course and apologise you weren't invited by anyine or they will stumble and make excuses if you have been deliberatley left out
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby sarahmienwok » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:17 pm

It's too late now, the girl lives about 4/5 hours away from me on public transport. They have their own little clique, I'll leave them to it, I'm better than that. They're all on their own at the end of the day, I'm not. I don't know what happened, and I never will I guess. I'm still really gutted about it, but what can you do. Live and learn!
sarahmienwok
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:23 pm

but as i said you could phone one of the girls
you might have got the wrong impression and it would be a shame to fall out with a group without checking whats happened first
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby sarahmienwok » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:31 pm

There's no way I'm phoning any of them while they're together. They'll either slag me off or pity me, neither of which I want. I will talk about it when I see them next though, definately. I'm not going to fall out with them, just maybe be a little cautious around them in the future. I've only known them for 5 months, and after July I probably won't see many of them again! But it's still not nice. It's like being at uni all over again!! :)
sarahmienwok
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Friends