'Friends'

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

'Friends'

Postby whoopsie » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:48 pm

About 2 years ago, I was friends with a group of girls. We'd go out on a weekly/ almost daily basis. Over time, the group started to disband as some went to uni and moved in with their partners, therefore had less money but we all stayed in contact and would go out when we could. Then, the main girl of the group (who was my best friend) fell out with another so the group split into 2. Most people stayed on the fence tho but we'd go out with the two girls separately. After this, we didn't hang out nearly as much as a group and I would go out regulary with 2 of them and see my best friend when I could cos she worked loads (and got in to drugs and a bad crowd). Anyway, I also fell out with some of the group and am now only in 'contact' with 2 of them. I never see them tho. Last week, I was texting one of them and asked if she was free to meet up soon (not the first time i've tried to arrange something) she said she would be free tonight. So I text her yesterday to check she still was and got no reply. So I text her again this afternoon saying 'I guess we're not meeting up tonight then'

It just annoys me cos I have always made effort with 'friends' only to never get anything back. It always happens. A new guy or friend comes along and I never hear from them. I literally have no friends now because of it.

I don't think anyone can help, I'm just ranting cos these kind of people irritate me cos it feels like such a waste of my time and energy.
=^..^=
whoopsie
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: 'Friends'

Postby rufio89 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:15 am

My friends can be like this. I only have 2 people who I'd consider really good friends, and one of them is going travelling for a year!

Like you said, there's not really anything we can DO, but I just thought I'd let you know that you're not alone in this. My friends are horrendously unreliable, and I find myself constantly let down by them.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Liquidius » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:30 am

I know how you feel too!

When people start moving in with partners and things, there is less money, and people tend to lose contact with eachother. I still have a good group of friends, but I don't see them as much as I'd like.

It's nothing personal, it just happens.
Liquidius
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:30 pm

if some of the friends who are living with their parents were people you last contacted on good times arrange a get together indoors, just a movie and some popcorn of something similar.
Just say its been too long and you love to catch up and understand thay don't have much money so a cheap night in would be good for all
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby morris mouse » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:34 pm

Liquidius wrote: I still have a good group of friends, but I don't see them as much as I'd like.
It's nothing personal, it just happens.

I agree with "Liquidius" (It's all part of life,& growing up!!! :))
ImageImage
morris mouse
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby HappyGoLucky » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:37 pm

Hello whoopsie. Maybe some of them may have already taken it for granted that you'd do the organising and stuff? Some people are just very unreliable but still, as years pass by, things do change. Everyone becomes busier with their careers and family that it's tough to have a good get together with friends. They don't mean to let you down, like Liquidius says. Thing is, you're not the only one feeling like that. How about joining a club to meet more new people? You could get more friends that way and maybe some will be at least more reliable?
Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get!
HappyGoLucky
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to Friends