He's so annoying when it comes to girls!

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

He's so annoying when it comes to girls!

Postby rufio89 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:52 pm

Right I have this friend. We get on really well, and I do like him, but he's just REALLY annoying me the past few weeks.
He goes out ALL the time (usually 3 times a week at least), to the like "alternative" bars/clubs.

He keeps saying he wants a girlfriend, not just random girls, and that he's bored of that whole scene and wants to start going to new places, which is all good, in theory right?

But EVERY week he goes out, and meets 2 or 3 new girls, gets their number, makes plans with them, and then spends all week witching about them to me! It's getting really boring now, if he doesnt want a girlfriend, fair enough, but if he keeps treating women that way, they're gonna get sick of him before they even start.

There was one girl he kept going out about how he really liked her, but when they planned dates he kept cancelling them, and then when she said she didnt want to go out with him at ALL if he was going to be like that, he acted like she was dead irrational.

You'd think from that kind of behaviour that he's god gift, and he's really not. He's a nice guy and all, and I get on well with him as a friend, but he wants a girl who is stunning/intelligent/funny/interesting and to be honest, he's not going to find a girl like that who wants to go out with him.

He was seeing this girl for a few weeks and she was really keen and he started off really keen, and then after a few weeks he said he'd broken it off with her, which came as a shock to me coz he'd seemed really loved up before, and he said that he didnt want to meet a girl who was into "the alternative scene" (even though HE is, and that's where he goes, and that's where he met her), and that she "goes out too much" (she goes out LESS than him). He also seems to want a girl who is settled in a good job, with good prospects, and yet someone who's ready at any moment to pick up and go travelling around the world. I keep telling him that this "perfect" girl DOESNT EXIST, but he wont listen to me, and listening to him talk about women like that is getting REALLY boring, and it's making me not want to talk to him. I keep telling him that maybe if he gave one of these girls a chance, instead of constantly picking apart everything they do/say, then maybe he'd actually find he likes one of them.

can anyone suggest anything? Sorry this is so long and rant-y.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Re: He's so annoying when it comes to girls!

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:56 pm

Basically he wants a mam to look after him. He seems to want someone who will meet his demands when he isn't willing to alter any of his demands.

Ruth I'd ignore him or tell him to grow up about it - he'll be in the same situaion in 10-20 years time unless he changes his ways. Either that or he is lying about all the girls to "big himself" up.

Men who think they are gods gifts are instant turn offs - simple as that.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:00 pm

I have a friend like this and he got left so far behind everyone in terms of relationships and still has these perfect image problems. He is now in his thirties and goes to thai land every few months to be catered to by all the woman. He even told my husband that if he went their he would dump me like a hot brick . My husband was shocked to bits by his obvious lack of reality for starters he can't stand stick thin woman and certainly hates subserviance (which is what you get from the thai woman where his friend goes) and syas he can't belive he is sucked in by the falsness he is paying for.
All you can do is try to tell him once more then let him get on with it but tell him you no longer wish to listen to anything about his love life as it is repatitive and boring
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby rufio89 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:05 pm

I think I'm gonna take you twos advice and just ignore it.

He just sent me this email:
(he cancelled his date with the girl he seemed quite keen on because he said he was broke, which I know is a lie because he has no outgoings, lives with his Mum, doesnt pay rent and just got paid, and he'll be out every week for the rest of the month, and I told him he was being stupid)

"to be fair, i don't really know the girl, and the way she worded that email to me when i joked she should pay because she cancelled the first date made me think nahhhhh. she does keep emailing me though so we'll see, but i'm not overly fussed about going out of my way ya know?

I kinda hooked up with two girls on saturday + i got the box office girls phone number. I'm gonna send the girl a message from thursday (we're talking about the student right?)"

I mean how pathetic does that sound?? and it's the same EVERY monday.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:50 pm

Let him live in his fantasy world!
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Return to Friends