Whats Your Type?

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Whats Your Type?

Postby Pigglet » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:27 am

Hi all,

I know a lot of you on here are in long term relationships but was just wondering if, regardless of who you are with now, do you have a type?

And does the person who you're with now (if applicable) fit that type?

What is it that draws or drew you to certain people?

I always tend to go for the dark haired, dark eyed rough and ready sort but as I'm single it obviously hasn't worked for me up to now! :-?

Don't get me wrong, This isn't a conscious choice and I don't disregard people if they don't fit my type, I just usually seem more drawn to these people!
Just remember, nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission. :D x
Pigglet
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: Whats Your Type?

Postby rufio89 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:34 am

If I was going to have an exact image of what a guy would look like, he'd be:

Tall (over 6 ft)
Short dark hair (but not shaved)
Dark Eyes
Toned, but not too built

My boyfriend DOES fit those categories, but he's not really what I'd imagine when I say my "type" still. But he's wonderful :)
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:07 am

I agree tall 6ft or over (me being 5ft 10), dark hair, dark or green eyes. Would be my "ideal".

My boyfriend doesn't fit the category. He does have dark hair and dark eyes except he is shorter than me! If I could honestly change his height I would; but I can't so it has to stay lol.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby m_m » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:44 am

I've had to remove this post due to identity issues, I hope that is not a problem x
Last edited by m_m on Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
m_m
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby embop » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:17 am

hmm Kind of,
I like dark hair and blue eyes and yes my bf has that :P
also I seem to got for people with extremes like my bf now has lots of piercings and my bf b4 him had LOTS of tattoos, but I think that's more of a coincidence all though I did/do like that.
not so fussy about hight but I like them taller than me.
Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but never gets you anywhere.
embop
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Weasley » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:15 pm

I always go for guys that have very dark hair (long and messy, usually with a side sweeping fringe - fussy I know!) with dark eyes and facial hair - well stubble. I also love tattoos and piercings on guys, especially lip rings. Has to be taller than me (not hard I know!) and I'm not too bothered about muscles but I hate men that have no hair on their chests! I also love guys with northern accents or Scottish and Irish accents. Im not toooooo fussy (yeah right!) No wonder I'm single!!!! :o
xxx :)
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby rufio89 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:19 pm

all my boyfriends (every single one of them) has had curly hair, and I actually prefer straight hair lol.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Weasley » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:49 pm

If we are talking about personalities - I do like a guy to be funny. He has to be able to make me laugh, be a little be outrageous and witty! Romantic is a must and he has to like the outdoors. Hmmm I have just described my perfect man...now where is he? lol!
xxx :)
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:54 pm

short 5'6 to 5'9 - i am 5'4
dark hair or no hair if they have a good shaped head, but it must be short, i really hate long hair on guys
not skinny but not muscly, i hate 6 packs
cute little bums - yum
brown or green eyes
no tattoos preferably

my husband fits all the catogories luckily
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby snail » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:15 pm

I'm not fussy =P~ I can't afford to be :(
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby rufio89 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:30 pm

rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Pigglet » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:36 pm

snail wrote:I'm not fussy I can't afford to be

I know the feeling snail. :(

The last guy I asked out didn't fit any of the things I said in my first post though, he has light coloured hair and I'm not sure what colour eyes, (never dared look into them) but I think they were light coloured! He was clean shaven and well dressed (from the one time I saw him out of work).

I'm going to make a concerted effort to try and look at all people with an open mind and get to know there personality as I know thats what matters in the long run. I do think looks matter initially though, for me I know I'm more likely to want to get to know a guy's personality if I find him physically attractive. But saying that, there have been times before when I've got to know guys through work etc and then come to find them attractive later!

Chin up Snail, our perfect partners are out there somewhere! (I hope) [-o<
Just remember, nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission. :D x
Pigglet
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:03 pm

Weasley wrote:I always go for guys that have very dark hair (long and messy, usually with a side sweeping fringe - fussy I know!) with dark eyes and facial hair - well stubble. I also love tattoos and piercings on guys, especially lip rings. Has to be taller than me (not hard I know!) and I'm not too bothered about muscles but I hate men that have no hair on their chests! I also love guys with northern accents or Scottish and Irish accents. Im not toooooo fussy (yeah right!) No wonder I'm single!!!! :o

I think you just described most of my boyfriend lol. He has really dark brown hair, it's not long but it gets long and messy - he doesn't have a fringe lol; he has dark brown eyes and STUBBLE; it just grows and grows and grows - not normal speed either. He has no tattoos or piercings. He may be taller than you - he's around 5 foot 6ish. He has a MASSIVELY hairy chest - I call him a monkey! I never liked hairy chests but I don't mind it now lol; he also has a northern accent.

Weasley wrote:If we are talking about personalities - I do like a guy to be funny. He has to be able to make me laugh, be a little be outrageous and witty! Romantic is a must and he has to like the outdoors. Hmmm I have just described my perfect man...now where is he? lol!

He can be funny - generally because he says things and then thinks about them afterwards once I'm crumpled in heap laughing; e.g. Why does the number 26 stop at EVERY bus stop? - What does it say above the 26? - Oh ZONE 26 and not number 26. He wound my manual car window onto his hand and wondered why it hurt whilst still winding. We'd also gone on a trip to Beamish (a victorian open air museam for people who don't know) I'd said are you not going to look in this room? - I am - I bet you aren't - I definately am - are you sure you aren't looking in that mirror right in front of you? He also did the same thing with a mirror a few weeks after again. I think he likes the outdoors - or maybe he just "likes" the outdoors because I like it and therefor he has to like it too.

Want to borrow him? lol
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby rufio89 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:08 pm

ha ha ha ha dispy he sounds brilliant.
are you not going to look in this room? - I am - I bet you aren't - I definately am - are you sure you aren't looking in that mirror right in front of you? He also did the same thing with a mirror a few weeks after again.

I think you should teach him about mirrors
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:31 pm

I know!

One of my friends did exactly the same thing too. We were in a club once that a floor to celining mirror; she said "Do you mind if we go in this room?" I looked I couldn't see another room, so thinking I was missing something said "sure" - then I realised she was looking in the mirror :) MUCH AMUSEMENT!
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Next

Return to Chit Chat