10 things about you

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: 10 things about you

Postby sarahmienwok » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:48 am

1. I am from Manchester, but live in Japan. I’ll be moving back to Manchester in 2010 (probably), but I want to settle down somewhere in Devon, by the sea.

2. I am an only child. So is my boyfriend. Which means my children will have no cousins! :(

3. Next week I’ll have been with my boyfriend for 4 years. It’s my first proper relationship, and first love!

4. I don’t really like myself.

5. I was REALLY shy as a kid, but gained a lot of confidence during uni. I can still get shy and quiet though!

6. I’m never 100% comfortable with anyone, apart from with my parents and boyfriend.

7. I’m a very untidy person, but only recently have started to want to change that. It’s difficult though!

8. I have a very short fuse, and a bad temper. The two don’t work well together!

9. I have NO idea what I want to do with my life. I’m 26 this year, and this scares the hell out of me.

10. I’m trying to improve my photography, but can’t afford a good camera/software!
sarahmienwok
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby LemonJuice87 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:13 pm

1. I turned 22 around 3 weeks ago and it was awesome.
2. I have a 2 year old daughter called Grace who i love perhaps a little to much.
3. I live in Sedgley which is near Wolverhampton or Dudley, depends which way you come lol.
4. I am way to over-sensitive and takes things to heart.
5. The simplest things annoy me (E.G, not taking plates through to the kitchen, not putting dirty washing in the basket)
6. I am terrified of losing my boyfriend to someone older, prettier and someone with no kids.
7. I want more children, preferably a boy.
8. The only reason i let my daughter watch SpongeBob is because secretly, i like watching it too. :lol:
9. I would love to live abroad or in Devon, i love the sea.
10. I was lazy, VERY lazy. But since moving in with my Boyfriend i have become a neat freak.
You know you're a mum when the thought of food shopping alone becomes exciting.

When you and your significant other are having an argument, just take all of your clothes off during the spat and stand there. Something is bound to happen!! =]
LemonJuice87
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:18 pm

i love this thread

1) I am 38 next month but still feel 18 but I think i am wiser than when i was 18
2) I love helping people and am very turthful, hence why i love PP
3) I have owned 7 minis so far, all old ones, amongst other cars. I haven't had one of the new ones £17K seems a bit steep when i never paid more then £500 for any of mine. Maybe one day when i can afford two cars :lol:
4) I have an aquatic turtle and tropical fish. My turtle is fab, such an unusual pet and you don't have to walk him when it's cold. :lol:
5) I have a huge obsession with Zippy from rainbow. My husband bought me a 28" one last xmas, it's the best present i ever had. Yes I am weird
6) I have a 17 year old daughter and I have been with my husband for 16 years althogether (we had a year break after 8 years)
7) I am an agnostic like dipsy (don't beleive in god and feel religion has a lot to answer for!!!!)
8) My grandad is 98 and his brother is 100 this year. My grandad used to hang about with the Richardsons - The rivals to the Krays. He says he never did anything naughty but I am not so sure.
9) I have no glands in my armpits so I can't sweat - had them removed due to an overproduction of sweat
10) The glass is always half full, in fact it's always full to the top. Problems make you stronger and a better person and enable you to help others so i try to never let them get me down.
Last edited by Bel Bel on Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby crumpetsandtea » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:00 pm

1) I am 21

2) I drive a 1999 VW Polo and I love it haha! Me and my little car have been on many an adventure and it has never let me down!

3) I was a straight A student at school and my history teacher told me off when I told him I wanted to go to art college.

4) I failed my first driving test for speeding in a school zone, I was only doing 25 mph!

5) I really want to set up my own business in something creative, but I would also really like to own a pub.

6) I LOVE marmite and am obsessed with tea and cannot live without either of them.

7) My favourite colour is red.

8. I have known my best friend since I was 10, and our dads' were also both friends at school and introduced us when they bumped into each other on an open day for my secondary school and we've been best mates ever since.

9) I love heels. The higher the better, and I refuse to go on a night out without them.

10) I'm naturally blonde and everyone always asks if I dye my hair and it really annoys me!
crumpetsandtea
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Jess1234 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:41 am

1) I turn 18 in two months
2) I live in India
3) My hometown is Halesowen though
4) I'm going to study adult nursing from September at Nottingham University
5) I have a brother and a sister, both younger than me
6) I love singing, and often get told off for singing too much around the house
7) I have chronic bronchitis and asthma which prevents me from doing anything too strenuous (such as running :()
8. I drink between 5 and 12 cups of tea a day (more if I can!)
9) I love children and want six of my own! (not just yet though!)
10) I have an amazing boyfriend and I love him to bits! :D
~ Vision is knowing who you are, where you are going, and what will guide your journey ~
Jess1234
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby LME79 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:14 pm

1) I turn 30 next year and am actually quite looking forward to it
2) I care about my job and stress out because I care about it, though this can often be misconstrued
3) I am seriously thinking about doing volunteer work in my spare time
4) I love to cook and when my boyfriend is cooking for me I find it difficult not to keep out of the kitchen :oops:
5) I could live on a diet of curry and angel cake
6) One day I really want to run my own business
7) I really want kids one day, even though I am petrified that I will be a terrible mother and leave my baby on a shelf or something
8) I can't work out whether I think Duffy is brilliant or whether she annoys the hell out of me
9) I am not Spanish in any way, shape or form and I cannot remember how on earth I picked my username
10) At the time of typing this, I can tell you that I am absolutely STARVING
I want to be..a tree..
LME79

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:12 pm

lilmissespana - you have totally blown my image of you now i know your not spanish. :doubt:

I know what you mean about duffy, that advert she does for diet coke I can't decide if she is cute or i want to push her off the bike :rofl:

Starving is one of my least favorite words - if i lock you in my loft for a week then i might let you use the word. All my friends quiver if they accidentally say they are starving as i then give them a great big lecture on children in Africa, I will spare you the speach :lol:
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby RagDoll » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:37 pm

1) I'm 24 and that sounds quite old in my head. I feel better when I think about my boyfriend who is 27 though :) !

2) I studied Geography at university and I'm a planner now, but still have no idea what I REALLY want to do. My Dad said he spent his whole life not knowing what he really wanted to do (he's retired now) and that scares me

3) I have a sweet tooth but wish I didn't

4) I love many versions of 'rock' music and wish I could play the guitar

5) I've had the same best friends since primary school

6) I live with my boyfriend and am so happy to have found someone I can see myself spending the rest of my life with

7) I'm unsure if I want children - I'm not the maternal type

8) I'm not a good drunk; I'm usually too emotional or angry

9) I'm a Topshop fanatic

10) I'm scared of birds of prey - they're evil!!!!
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby m_m » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:26 am

I have removed this post due to identity issues, I hope this is not a problem x
Last edited by m_m on Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m_m
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby aliceinwonderland » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:45 pm

1) I'm 18,but I can't wait for my 19th birthday as it will be the first one I've spent at home in 2 years
2) I live just outside of sheffield, but I wish I lived closer to the city centre as I love it
3) I live at home with my parents and my older brother
4) I'm at college doing my diploma in childcare and education, but I can't wait to leave in june
5) I love kids, and I can't wait to have my own, but that won't be a good few years yet!
6) I'm a Christian, but more through habit and the need to believe in something than anything else
7) I really really want to travel, and make the most of being young. I went to portugal with a group of 12 girls when I was 16, and i went to canada to work on a anglican kids camp in BC for 2 and a half months last year.
8) Sometimes I get really claustrophobic, one of my ex-workmates once shut me in the walk in fridge at work and I cried. Other times it doesn't bother me at all.
9) I currently really need a job to keep me going til september, the position I'd been offered for the summer got withdrawn last week. I was less than impressed.
10)I'm incredibly stubborn, I like getting my own way, but I'm also stupidly lazy lol.
aliceinwonderland
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby LME79 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:24 pm

Bel Bel wrote:lilmissespana - you have totally blown my image of you now i know your not spanish. :doubt:

I know what you mean about duffy, that advert she does for diet coke I can't decide if she is cute or i want to push her off the bike :rofl:

Starving is one of my least favorite words - if i lock you in my loft for a week then i might let you use the word. All my friends quiver if they accidentally say they are starving as i then give them a great big lecture on children in Africa, I will spare you the speach :lol:

Yeah, I only meant it as a figure of speech rather than literally :)
I want to be..a tree..
LME79

Postby snail » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:53 pm

1) I am not actually a snail. I am a human female, aged 35.

2) I am self-employed, and divide my time between mail-order retail, writing and consultancy work, and logging on to PP.

3) I am currently single (again!) and have no children.

4) I live in Essex, sharing a small but lovely house with my old friend, James.

5) I’m interested in almost everything, but particularly love biology. I think snails are especially charming, particularly aquatic ones.

6) I found PP just over a year ago, just as I was breaking up with my fiance.

7) I am receiving counselling for general anxiety and an eating disorder. I’ve always kind of had those problems (mostly due to childhood issues) but they suddenly came to the surface after a very difficult time living with my ex.

8 ) I don’t particularly like alcohol or cigarettes, but I live for chocolate. One of my greatest fears is that civilisation will collapse and people in temperate regions (like the UK) won’t be able to get access to chocolate. And actually, no, my eating disorder has nothing to do with chocolate!

9) I think PP is great – I’ve seen a lot of people get a lot of help here – and most of that is down to the mods, because the whole tone of a forum is set by its moderators.

10) My favourite thing about PP is Bel Bel’s spelling mistakes, because I think they’re funny and cute.
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Edin_lad22 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:10 am

1) I am gay. Been with my boyfriend for 5 years. Lived together for 1 year.

2) I turn 27 this year, on the exact same date as my boyfriend turns 45.

3) I have had the same job for the past 6 years, even though it was originally just a stop-gap.

4) I enjoy playing football and watching football, rugby and tennis.

5) I never done that well at School, but went to college and got on alot better.

6) I have lived in Edinburgh my whole life.

7) My favourite food is Pizza.

8) I like a couple of pints with my mates at the end of the week.

9) I am a pessimist.

10) I want to go on holiday this year, but don't know where.
Edin_lad22
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby earthchild » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:09 pm

Absolutely LOVE this thread :D
ok here goes....

1) I turned 25 this year and not happy about it!

2) I live and work in London as a trainee accountant.

3) I adore cats and cant wait to get one of my own.

4) I really really want to go travelling for a year, Maldives being one of my top destinations to visit.

5) Im a spiritualist.

6) I have extreme phobia of Needles and Wasps.

7) I think the Red Hot Chili Peppers are the best musicians the world will ever see.

8) I love Disney Flims, Little Mermaid being my favourite.

9) I support Arsenal and have done since i was 8.

10) I think Alcohol is the root of all evil, i believe it should be banned.
The Truth
Truth is a sweet nectar from an honest fruitful heart,
from the fruit come seeds and
from the seeds you have a harvest full of dreams.

(native american proverb)
earthchild
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby lisaloo07 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:51 pm

My go hehe

1. i am studying health care at collage
2. i am 17 years old
3. i am not religious at all i don't believe in any of that [-o<
4. i love doing arty things and making things
5. i have 2 brothers
6. i love to try new thing
7. i am a good girl and never get into truble
8. i love most types of food except lamb
9. i love my boyfriend and he is ginger and we have been goiing out for 3 years
10. i am ginger to ! :o

:D :D
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass ...
Its about learning to dance in the rain =]
lisaloo07
Just Landed
Just Landed

PreviousNext

Return to Chit Chat