Friends.....

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Friends.....

Postby stressball » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:05 pm

Hi All, I just wanted to have a rant on here get some things off my chest coz it's really bothering me!!

At the moment I just feel that people in general are such let-downs, all my life I have been a pushover and go out of my way to be nice to people, even compromising my own life to help others and i get ****** all in return, well at the moment I've just had enough, I havent got any "real" friends and dont feel I have had any, i was in a group at school, we were not the coolest, but we swore we would stay friends and not be like the other "cliquey" girls that thought they were much better than us...then some of them decide they like that group better than ours and as a result their only worry is who they gonna sleep with and where they are gonna sleep, and the last one everytime we met it was to brag about how much better her life was than mine so i decided not to bother with them anymore, as a result i felt happier.

I met a girl though work who turned out to be a self centred cow and as soon as i stopped being overly sensitive to her dramas she hardly talks to me, and the other girls at work have been there for years and dont seem to want to let me in, so matter how nice I am to them...basically what I'm trying to decide is that are there actually ANY good friends out there and do we actually need friends??? I even got rejected on this site..someone who I wont name sent me a private message in relation to a post i sent about some issues I had, and asked if we could be cyber buddies - we seemed to get on so well and have so much in common then she stopped replying to my emails and i havent heard from her since, this really upset me as i dont think i did anything wrong???

I think I am such an easy-going/polite/sensitive person, a great listener, I have all the qualities of a really good friend, so why do I keep getting walked over???

Sorry its so long, just needed to rant a little!!

Stressball x
Last edited by stressball on Wed May 12, 2010 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stressball
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: Friends.....

Postby mattmxl » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:29 pm

Its that sort of nature that often gets taken advantage of by people. You can serve somebody a purpose and because you do they like you for it, as soon as they have gotten what they want you become surplus to requirements. Not everybody is self centered and like that though, granted there are quite a few but it's by no means everybody. So you know now what these people are like and you choose not to associate with them which is probably a good thing ebcause you sound a better person than that! There are plenty of people out there that will not treat others like that and they are the sort of person you'd get on much better with. With regards to your cyber buddy, how long ago was this as sometimes life can be demanding and not always have time for the internet? I hope your rant has made you feel a little bit better, but try standing up to these people once in a while, they will ultimately respect you for it in the long run!
mattmxl
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:37 am

stressball wrote:I think I am such an easy-going/polite/sensitive person, a great listener, I have all the qualities of a really good friend, so why do I keep getting walked over???

It's because you are easy-going, polite and sensitive. All your good qualities make you easy to walk over

stressball wrote:ven compromising my own life to help others and i get ****** all in return

I'm the same; I was brought up to sacrifice me and my stuff for other people and what did I get out of it? Nothing! I do have friends; only one or two I'd call "real" friends that I could tell things to and that they'd listen and want to help. This is why I like PP so much.

I agree with Mattmxl about your cyber friend-sometimes life just takes too much time; you get an e-mail/letter and you think I'll reply to it tomorrow when I have time and then you just keep getting busy and it gets forgotten about. If you want people to talk to - even just over the internet there is a site called www.gumtree.com - you can select your city and there is a "relationship" section (or something) and in there, there is a "friends only" area where you can post about yourself and that you'd like an e-pal or you can reply to other people and see how it goes.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby stressball » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:36 pm

Hey both of you, thank you so much for your replies. Maybe I do need to stop being such a pushover...doesn't seem to have gotten me very far :( maybe i should just stand up for myself and pick friends which arent friends with me only when they want something...although real friends are so hard to find, I think I have yet to find just one!!

Thanks for both your advice though, nice to know I'm not a total failure, lol :)

Stressball x
stressball
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby mattmxl » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:21 pm

I wouldn't even say you were a partial failure. It kinda annoys me when people think that when they aren't in the wrong. You seem like a really nice person, just make sure people don't take advantage of that, because if they can they will.
mattmxl
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby stressball » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:55 pm

Hi mattmxl, thank you very much for your lovely comment :) funnily enough when I read it, it made me feel so much better! I'm gonna try and remember I'm not to blame in all of this and remember your comment whenever I feel like that again :)

Stressball :) x
stressball
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby mattmxl » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:51 pm

LOL, somewhat unusual that something I've said has made somebody smile so thats a result LOL, glad I could be of some small help.
mattmxl
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Friends