Right Thing or Gargantuan Error?

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: Right Thing or Gargantuan Error?

Postby SpiderPiglet » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:30 pm

Ah come on Matt, I really dont think you are being honest with yourself here.

Do you really think that if the shoe were on the other foot that you would run right over to your mate and say you got off with a girl he was crazy about ??? I very much doubt it, you'd probably just wish it never happened and try to move on.
Not everything is black and white, and though to lie is wrong, there can also be good reasons to do so -- he probably thought by not telling the truth he could save your friendship.

I would also seriously question her ' honesty' about it all..... to me it sounds like she was hoping you would set her up with this fella.

What's going on here is plain old fashioned jealousy....

And believe me when I say that I don't think your reaction is wrong, it's natural. I'm not trying to have a go at you in anyway cause I can see you're a nice person.

In all this I would blame the girl because I feel that she is playing on your emotions and that is not fair.
The real issue for me is that you are being used by this girl and I think that is not on.

I see you say that you're not really talking much with her at the moment, which tbh I think is a good thing.

I think you need some distance from her to get over your feelings for her and find a girl who deserves to have someone like you. :)
SpiderPiglet
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:36 pm

I do agree some distance to get over her properly would be the best thing
Although whether he did it to protect your feelings or not only he will know, I would certainly be a bit wary of him in the future but I wouldn't cut him out of your life completely
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby mattmxl » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:07 pm

I might not run right over there and shove it in his face that I'd gotten off with someone he liked. But if he asked me if anything had happened then I wouldn't say no it hadn't if you get what I mean, or I wouldn't say I'd never been anywhere nearer and had no intentions to.

Your right about not speaking to her though, am getting a little bit fed up of the whole situation now and its been nice not to have it at the forefront of my mind the entire time. She's turned me down for three other people before today, and one of those was terminally ill. I'll tell ya, you know you have problems when you wake up in the morning jealous of a dying man!! There'll come a point when I realise she actually isnt the one, but it hasn't happened yet, lol.

She wouldn't have needed me to set her up with this fella, according to her they'd arranged to emet up and go out and things like that anyway, so the donkey work had already been done. I know that humans have it in them to lie but I honestly didn't think she was like that and still don't to this day, but I might be the mug there. I'm happy enough to distance myself from the pair of them though at the moment.

I asked the question initially just to see if I was having a similar thought pattern to most people, because there are often times when I begin to wonder whether or not I'm actually out of touch with humanity or at odds with the rest of the world. But nearly everybody here has blamed the girl and thats not what I was doing, mabye I was right about being odd after all, lol.
mattmxl
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:24 pm

i think it less about being odd and more about being too close to the situation and with feelings muddling your thoughts too :D
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby mattmxl » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:33 pm

Bel Bel wrote:i think it less about being odd and more about being too close to the situation and with feelings muddling your thoughts too :D

Or there's that way of looking at it, which sounds so much better, lol. Thanks.
mattmxl
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:48 am

Bel Bel wrote:i think it less about being odd and more about being too close to the situation and with feelings muddling your thoughts too :D

I did think that too. It's easy for us to say things but then again it's not our feelings which would get hurt or are hurting.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Previous

Return to Friends