Friend has lost her memory

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: Friend has lost her memory

Postby RagDoll » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:24 pm

I'm sorry, but I still don't really understand your motives for telling her such information - if you don't plan on acting on it, why does she need to know? Fair enough, she needs to know if her boyfriend isn't a great guy, but I would leave it at that.
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Jess1234 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:52 pm

Sorry to hear about your friend

I disagree with ragdoll, I think that she has a right to know what's been said. Furry I think you have the right approach to this by preparing her for it rather than just springing it on her. I hope that somehow reading the conversations with help trigger her memory! What have the doctors said about her chances of recovering her memory?
~ Vision is knowing who you are, where you are going, and what will guide your journey ~
Jess1234
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby furry » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:16 pm

What have the doctors said about her chances of recovering her memory?

Slim to nill, but you never know.
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.
furry
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby snail » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:22 pm

Do we know why a nineteen-year-old had a stroke in the first place? Is her health at any further risk? Surely that's the main thing to be worrying about.
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby furry » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:26 pm

They aren't sure why it happened but sufice it to say there are other health issues which i'm not going into here. She's been in regular contact with her doctor and everything possible is being done.
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.
furry
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Jess1234 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:45 pm

I'm sorry to hear that, I do hope that she recovers her memory! It depends on which part of the brain has been damaged but being in familiar settings and being able to read things she has written will has the potential to trigger her memory
~ Vision is knowing who you are, where you are going, and what will guide your journey ~
Jess1234
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby dayle » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:02 pm

If it was me, I would want to know as much about myself as possible but...

In her head, is she 15? If so, maybe the idea of just "having fun" at 19, with someone she'd known for 4 years is very different from for a 15 year old - so she may want to get her head around not being 15 first (if that makes sense).
dayle
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Previous

Return to Friends