:(

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

:(

Postby LiFETiME » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:06 pm

SORRY IT IS LONG.
in my 'group' of friends, there are 5 of us.
me A, B, C, D,
i have fallen out with B, C and D just becuase i was trying to do the right thing and be a good friend.

basically, B, C and D were all at a party last friday. me and A didn't go because we had work that night but we were all meeting up in town saturday morning.
so when we got there, D pulled me aside and told me that she got off with this guy but didn't want me to tell B or C because she didnt trust them. i told D that she shoul tell them but she said no. B and C were infront of us and B heard D say that she didnt trust them.

Later on, i was walking B to her bus stop and A, C and D were all shopping still but i didnt want B to be alone so i walked with her. as we were walking, she asked me about what D had said earlier, i said nothing. and then she goes 'but i heard her say something about her not trusting me or C' she looked so upset coz we were all meant to be BEST FRIENDS and it wasnt like C or B actually ever told and secrets.

so, i told B about D getting off with someone and she was really annoyed about the fact that D wouldnt tell her as it wasnt really the biggest secret in the whole world.

Everything was absolutley fine, but we got back to school on monday and D came up to me and started calling me names. i was so confused so i went to talk to A and ask her what D was going on about.

A told me that B had told C and then they had both told D that i told them both when i actually only told B because she looked so upset and i honestly didnt think she would tell anyone.

i apologized to all of them for making a mistake, but they all (apart from A) now hate me, none of them answer my calls and they all just blank me at school.
A told me that D had to be taken into hospital because she was making herself ill and B and C have blames it on me becuase i dont listen to her.

AND I ACTUALLY DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO.
someone help me please, x
LiFETiME
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: :(

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:43 am

LiFETiME wrote:A told me that D had to be taken into hospital because she was making herself ill and B and C have blames it on me becuase i dont listen to her.

I hardly believe D went into hospital because she was making herself ill because of what you said....
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby earthchild » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:37 am

i dont think you should've told B or C D's secret, however i dont think this is an excuse for them to treat you in the way that they are.
i would just tell them straight to all their faces in one go (as you are all suppose to be best friends) that there is clearly is trust issues within the group and this is what started the problem in the first place, and that you are being made a scapegoat for their issues.
they are making up lies-
LiFETiME wrote:A told me that D had to be taken into hospital because she was making herself ill and B and C have blames it on me becuase i dont listen to her.

and just generally behaving like childish bullies.
Dont let them make you feel guilty just because they are choosing to behave this way, if you arent there to be their scapegoat then im sure you will find pretty soon that another issue will crop up between them and it will be someone elses fault therefore proving that the problem lies with them not being able to face up to their own issues.
The Truth
Truth is a sweet nectar from an honest fruitful heart,
from the fruit come seeds and
from the seeds you have a harvest full of dreams.

(native american proverb)
earthchild
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:54 am

can A calmly explain what happended on your behalf
I agree though for future if someone tells you a secret your should just tell anyone that asks that you were told in confidence and can't break it and they shoul go and ask the person themselves if they want to know
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby mattmxl » Tue May 05, 2009 10:30 am

I agree with everybody about the breaking confidence thing, did that to somebody once and it definately was a mistake. Much like yourself I did it for what I thought were only good reasons and was trying to help out a situation, taht in actual fact I made 10 times worse. But the person who's confidence I broke still talks to me today, we still get on and she still tells me secrets now and again when she needs to talk. I think it's obvious to her that I've now learnt my lesson on that score, but the bigger point is that she got over it and we still talk today. Give D a bit of time to stop being childish and attention seeking and things should get back to normal with you all, if they don't then is she really the sort of friend that you want?
mattmxl
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Friends