So called Friend

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

So called Friend

Postby LemonJuice87 » Sat May 02, 2009 10:41 am

Gonna try and keep this as short as possable.

My 'best friend' was living at my Dads since her Mother kicked her out. My Dad didn't mind, Didn't bother me as i've recently moved out.
She's since moved out and got her own flat.

I still pay for the Sky, Broadband and Phone bill (All in one bill) as it's a pain in the bum changing the direct debit back over to my Dad.
He phoned me and told me Sky had been cut off and had my direct debit gone out. I said no and was going to phone him the next day to tell him.
He'd phoned Sky and they told him there wasn't enough money in my account and it had bounced so to speak. I said this was rubbish as i always keep enough money in my account to cover bills.
Then my Dad told me it was because the Phone Bill was £192.98 and that next months phone bill is £151.76.

I phoned my friend and told her it wasnt on, she had made 90 calls to her loser boyfriend in one day. All the calls were between 4 and 30 seconds long.

We had a arguement about it, and she managed to turn the arguement round so i was the bad person in this and she was the victim.
I gave my Dad some money, what i could anyway. I've gone over my overdraft for the second time in two weeks, £35 each time i go over. So i literally have no money. I text her and said that i wasnt being funny, but we needed the money back pretty soon. And she replied sarcasticly that she was rolling in it.
I'm that broke I cant even afford to buy my daughter a new Juice cup.

I know she has no money. But i also know that she was meant to be getting £200 at the begining of the week. But i have a nasty feeling she's decorated her new flat with it.
Her Facebook status said that she had finally finished painting and it looked great. Where would she get the money for paint?

Am i been unreasonnable in wanting the money back straight away? Is it not fair that I think she should of given me and my Dad the £200 instead of decorating?

In her words, am i been a selfish 'female dog' for wanting the money back imediatly?
How do i go about making sure i get the money back?

And i know, money and friends dont mix lol.
You know you're a mum when the thought of food shopping alone becomes exciting.

When you and your significant other are having an argument, just take all of your clothes off during the spat and stand there. Something is bound to happen!! =]
LemonJuice87
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: So called Friend

Postby morris mouse » Sat May 02, 2009 3:58 pm

LemonJuice87 wrote: And i know, money and friends dont mix

........Lend a friend & you lose a friend. :( :cry: :cry:

Hope you get the money back,BUT this sounds like you'll need to put this one down to experience. :( :(
ImageImage
morris mouse
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby LemonJuice87 » Sat May 02, 2009 4:39 pm

Luckily I do have proof of every single phone call she made, what time, how long the calls were and how much they cost.

If i dont have the money by the end of the month, i'm gonna have to take it further. Considering we used to be such good friends, i feel violently abused. God only knows how my Dad feels. :(

When you and your significant other are having an argument, just take all of your clothes off during the spat and stand there. Something is bound to happen!! =]
LemonJuice87
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue May 05, 2009 9:30 am

Call citizens advice!
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Tue May 05, 2009 10:04 am

tel, her you will take her to small claims court for the money back
she ran up the bill and she is therefore responsible
her attitude stinks
you bailed her out by giving her a place to live and this is how she repays you
yes it is her responsibility to pay it, she ran up the bill, meanwhile your dad suffers as he has been cut off
It may be worth talking to sky and explaining the situation they may be able to go after her as you have an itemised bill showing which calls are hers
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby caren » Tue May 05, 2009 8:03 pm

God how horrible! I really cant understand where people get off behaving like that when it comes to money. I was living with a girl for a while, she owes me nearly £700 from not paying her share of bills, borrowing cash and putting internet shopping on my credit card (that one was incredible, she asked to use it once, kept the number and then just kept at it until i had no choice but cancel it!!!!). Its been 6 months since she moved out and despite me asking about it several times she wont pay me back! I figure i have to say goodbye to the money, i dont have it in me to be a debt collector and people like that can hold out forever.
Seriously though, I really hope you pursue it in the small claims court and get sorted. People shouldnt get away with that kind of thing. Good luck!
caren
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby LemonJuice87 » Tue May 05, 2009 8:28 pm

I've been texting her every day with various way of saying i want my money. She finally text me back on Saturday very rudely telling me to leave her alone and I would get the money Tuesday (Today).

She came round and gave me 60 quid. Which in a way is better than a kick in the teeth.

I just hope she doesnt think that giving me 60 of what is mine and my Dads is gonna get her off the hook.
I will keep on texting her every single day of her life untill i get back the last penny.

She knows i'm not a pushover anymore, she knows that she cant walk all over me. Hence why she said all those nasty things to me on e-mail and not to my face.

Thanks for the replies guys, at least i know i can take it further if i have to now. So thanks =]

LemonJuice87
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby rufio89 » Wed May 06, 2009 8:08 am

Good luck Lemon_Juice. The £60 is a start, just make sure she pays the rest :)
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Bel Bel » Wed May 06, 2009 12:19 pm

and in case you decide to pursue it write down what she gives you and the dates, keep any texts refering to the money so she can't deny she owes it
you can threaten to take her to small claims (if she stops paying) based on the texts and that may be enough to make her pay up if she knows you have evidence
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Friends