friend is a liar

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: friend is a liar

Postby RagDoll » Wed May 06, 2009 3:33 pm

Haha, Bel Bel, that reminds me - my friend also claims she's a vegeterian, but I have actually seen her tuck into a hotdog! In the little 'about me' box on Facebook, she said something about being a veggie (she tries to make out she's very into animals, nature, looking after the environment etc. etc.) so I kept sending her wall comments saying I saw you enjoying a hotdog the other day to wind her up lol. Needless to say she wasn't impressed. She tries to project an image of herself that just isn't her and it does my head in!
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed May 06, 2009 3:38 pm

RagDoll wrote:Haha, Bel Bel, that reminds me - my friend also claims she's a vegeterian, but I have actually seen her tuck into a hotdog! In the little 'about me' box on Face book, she said something about being a veggie (she tries to make out she's very into animals, nature, looking after the environment etc. etc.) so I kept sending her wall comments saying I saw you enjoying a hotdog the other day to wind her up lol. Needless to say she wasn't impressed. She tries to project an image of herself that just isn't her and it does my head in!

Do hot dogs even contain any meat...(joke question :))
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby rufio89 » Wed May 06, 2009 3:40 pm

same as people who put "bisexual" under orientation. Fair enough if you ARE but most of them are sausage attention seeking! It's really frustrating, and it makes people judge people who actually ARE
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby caren » Wed May 06, 2009 4:04 pm

i always think that bisexual thing is sometimes a thing girls claim because they think men really dig it. its like that thing in nightclubs where girls are way touchy feely with their girlfriends all the while looking around to see if the fellas are watching. Kind of funny really. I've two female friends who are genuinely bisexual and they never behave like that or advertise the fact in any way.
caren
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby m_m » Wed May 06, 2009 4:14 pm

dipsydoodlenoodle wrote:
Bel Bel wrote:we have a woman at work that has had everything wrong with her you can think of and if you get ill and she hasn't had it she gets it sometime in the future and 50 times worse than you ever had it. She has been struck off from doctors, you know its pretty bad when it's more than one.

We have a girl like that at work, I admit when she isn't winging she's really nice. However she was apparently having an MSN conversation with another friend (the other friend told me the story)...

Work Girl: *Winging on about her ailments for ages apparently*
Friend: My bf has just been diagnosed with XX
Work Girl: Oh really I've had that
Friend: You've had XX
Work Girl: definately, the doctor said I had it last time I was there
Friend: Well just incase you didn't know the cause of XX is YYYY (YYYY is something that is injury or genetic related or something that work girl couldn't have had)
Work Girl: oh actually I don't think that is what I've got...

My friend said it was sooooooo funny watching her dig her way back out the hole from it.

That reminds me of a very embarassing time in school, we were in year 7 and were having our sex education class. The teacher was talking about STIs, more specifically chlamydia. I put my hand up and said 'I've had that' she was like :o 'Are you sure?' and I said 'Yeah, definitely, I had it when I was a lot younger as well and had to go to the Doctor' when she said again 'Are you sure?!' I said 'Yes! And **** (insert friend's name) had it as well the other day'... I discovered afterwards that I meant cystitis not chlamydia, lol :oops: :oops: :lol:
m_m
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby rufio89 » Wed May 06, 2009 4:19 pm

ohhhhhhhh god manufacture that sounds awffffful lol
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby caren » Wed May 06, 2009 4:33 pm

I put my hand up and said 'I've had that' she was like 'Are you sure?' and I said 'Yeah, definitely, I had it when I was a lot younger as well and had to go to the Doctor' when she said again 'Are you sure?!' I said 'Yes! And **** (insert friend's name) had it as well the other day'...

how embarrasing manufacture me! I'm sure your friend was delighted with you!!!
caren
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu May 07, 2009 9:43 am

caren wrote:I've two female friends who are genuinely bisexual and they never behave like that or advertise the fact in any way.

I do tend to find my gay female friends don't advertise the fact, my gay male friends do.

I pointed out to my dad the other day a girl in a shop (she's my gay friends girlfriend) and his comment was "She doesn't look gay" - both my friend and her girlfriend are girly, they aren't "butch" they both look like ordinary pretty girls. I'm quite confused that gay women (ok not all) like "butch" looking women - why not just have a man that looks like a man rather than a woman that looks like a man and vice versa for men. I don't think people should have to say their sexual preference, it makes no difference as to who the person is, it doesn't affect they way they work or their personality, it just so happens they are attracted to people of the same sex.

My gay female friend was one of my best friends during school, she was worried about telling her friends she was gay in case we actually didn't like her. I'd said to her I really don't care who you fancy, you are still the same person.

caren wrote:I put my hand up and said 'I've had that' she was like 'Are you sure?' and I said 'Yeah, definitely, I had it when I was a lot younger as well and had to go to the Doctor' when she said again 'Are you sure?!' I said 'Yes! And **** (insert friend's name) had it as well the other day'...

how embarrasing manufacture me! I'm sure your friend was delighted with you!!!

LLMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOO :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Your poor friend too.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby m_m » Thu May 07, 2009 10:06 am

:oops: I know, luckily she never found out! I may tell her one day but how do you bring that up? 'By the way, I told everyone in secondary school you had chlamydia! Surprise!' :lol:

x
m_m
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu May 07, 2009 10:19 am

manufacture_me wrote::oops: I know, luckily she never found out! I may tell her one day but how do you bring that up? 'By the way, I told everyone in secondary school you had chlamydia! Surprise!' :lol:

x

I'm laughing away at the "suprise"lol. I don't think you can bring it up without it sounding bad. If she ever brings it up, deny the fact you remember it lol.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RobynML » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:37 pm

What a freak...
I think a way around this situation would be to literally just let her chat her stupidness and just nod and smile, and secretly jam to your ipod or something lol
Tell her you are too upset still from your loss to go to a party, and if her story is true then she would be too upset to throw a party surely
You don't have to confront her just let the friendship slowly die X
RobynML
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby pinkroses » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:45 am

I know this is probably just my opinion but compulsive liars in my experience usually suffer from such low esteem that they feel they need to tell lies to get as much attention as they can and to be the centre of attention, and all that happens is they create such a fantasy world around them that they get to a point where they can't distinguish fact from fiction and people end up distrusting them which makes them crave even more attention because of their low self esteem. Thing is nobody can really be friends with a compulsive liar
pinkroses
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Previous

Return to Friends