losing my best pal

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

losing my best pal

Postby mazzie » Wed May 06, 2009 10:19 pm

Hey, looking for a little advice,
my best pal of 15 years has just started goin out wit a guy 2 years younger than us-not a problem but think he's a little controlling, my cousins pal used go out with him and never used to see her friends and has found it hard to pick up wit her friends - i can so see sheila goin down the same road. When ever she's home she's wit him, even new years she spent wit him (ya i no, romance n all but as the girls hadnt seen each other in 3 years due to some travel etc) and blew me off the night of my bday. have txt and rung her on several occasions to hear nothing back from her, am worried as am in d middle of a drama myself and could so do wit my best pal - ringing and textin hasnt worked, she's never at her house anymore, when u pass his place her car is parked there and i dont know him very well to call in, a few grunts do not a friend make!! have been told by pal at work to leave and let her contact me in her own time but still 15 years is a long time to waste i feel
mazzie
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: losing my best pal

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu May 07, 2009 9:47 am

People when they are in relationships do drift apart from their friends. All my friends in school got into relationships and drifted away - it's only now that we are all getting back in touch, I'm in a relationship but still make time for my friends.

Can't you text your friend about your drama and say you could really use a best friend to talk to about it, and if she doesn't reply or blows you off then I wouldn't give her the time of day.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Re: losing my best pal

Postby Bel Bel » Thu May 07, 2009 9:57 am

Well i would knock and say you noticed her car then and really need a friend and can you schedule some time together
It will be alot more difficult to blow you off at the door when she isn't expecting you
Although as dipsy says if she then gos on to cancel your meeting you should let her get on with it
You can't make her listen she will have to learn for herself
If she blows you off I would suggest texting her telling her how upset you are htat you long friendship obviosuly doesn't mean anything anymore but offer to be there if it all goes wrong, if she knows people will support her when she finally makes the decision to leave it will make it easier to do it
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Friends