Phone - Advice?

For any money-related worries.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Phone - Advice?

Postby rufio89 » Thu May 14, 2009 10:46 am

Right, I ordered my phone from the internet in January 2008, and when I bought it it said 6 months free line rental (by redemption), but I never heard anything else about it, so although I was quite pee-d off, I thought maybe I'd misread it or something.

However, this morning I was looking for the receipt to find out when I got my phone (because I want a new contract soon), and it says on the receipt "£210 by redemption". However, I've had this contract for like 17 months now and I've not heard anything about this. I sent them an email asking about it, but I'm worried they're going to say it's too late.

If they say it's too late, am I within my rights to demand it? or do you think that I will have to have done it at the specified times? I would have done it at those times, but I was never given any information as to how to do it :(
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Re: Phone - Advice?

Postby Bel Bel » Thu May 14, 2009 10:54 am

it all depends on the terms and conditions, you will have to read them
If it was down to you to claim and yolu didn't you won't have a leg to stand on, if it should have been automatic then you should still get it back
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby rufio89 » Thu May 14, 2009 3:54 pm

Wow...

I sent them an email asking about it, I just got this reply:

Hello Ruth,

Thank you fopr your recent email.

I have checked your account and can see that the first claim due on the 11/10/2008 was not applied for and has therefore been rejected and all remaining claims deemed as void.

However, as this was of no fault of your own but due to an administrative error, I will raise the first two cheques of £52.50 each. The cheque for £105.00 will be with you within 7-14 working days.

I have reinstated the remaining two claims and reprinted the claim for 09/04/2009 that is now on day 35 of 60 for the claim period.

When the claim form arrives, you will need to fill in the necessary details on the certificate and forward it complete with a copy of your most recent airtime bill by Recorded Delivery to the following address:

Redemptions Dept

Phones4u Ltd

PO Box 2453

BRISTOL

BS4 9WR

Upon receipt of your first claim, the cheque will be issued complete with your next Redemption Certificate within 30 days.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby bellajennie » Thu May 14, 2009 5:36 pm

That actually sounds like they are being pretty fair then. Usually they send a claim form and perhaps you overlooked it. As long as you fill in the new form when it arrives and send it off straight away then there should be no reason as to why you wont get further cheques for your line rental back.

However, if you are looking for a new contract, and you think the one you are on now is really expensive, i.e. if you are planning to get one that is less than half the price of the one you are on now, then you might want to think about not bothering to keep it going for the rest of the claim period. If you see something good and you can cancel then that may work out cheaper in the end. Hope that makes sense!
The World is Your Oyster - If only you could get the damn thing open!
bellajennie
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby spacegirl » Thu May 14, 2009 8:54 pm

it should say on the form that you have to apply for the redemption, you normally have about 28 days within the month that it's due to you to actually apply for it, what they're hoping is that you'll forget all about it or not fully understand the terms of the offer.... so this sounds about right i'm afraid....
not if you were the last dandy on earth
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to Finances