Movies.

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Movies.

Postby Weasley » Mon May 18, 2009 8:58 am

I just had to vent my disgust at this!
I watched the movie "Pathology" on Friday night and thought it was the most disgusting movie I've ever seen! I'm not a big fan of movies like this. but watched it on my friends word that it "wasn't that bad".
Have you guys ever watched a particularly "interesting" movie that has either disturbed you, scared you senseless or made you cry?...
xxx :)
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Re: Movies.

Postby RagDoll » Mon May 18, 2009 9:19 am

Philadelphia makes me choked up every time I see it - such a good film.

Can't think of any that have particularly scared me, not recently anyway.
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby earthchild » Tue May 19, 2009 12:20 pm

yes i have to agree with you regarding the flim- Pathology, its a really disturbing flim. Makes me feel sick just thinking about it :sick:
The Truth
Truth is a sweet nectar from an honest fruitful heart,
from the fruit come seeds and
from the seeds you have a harvest full of dreams.

(native american proverb)
earthchild
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby RagDoll » Tue May 19, 2009 1:04 pm

I've not seen Pathology, I'm kind of intrigued now though...

I watched Gladiator last night, I know it's quite old now, but I'd never seen it. I thought it was really good. I have to admit I'm more into books than films though, whereas my boyfriend is the opposite.
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Weasley » Wed May 20, 2009 9:21 am

I'm really in to this website at the moment...

www.moviemistakes.com

I love reading about all the cock ups they do in movies and going through seeing if I can spot them myself (what a loser!)
If you search "Gladiator" there are a few photos - one of where the chariot is turned over and you can clearly see a gas canister underneath. Okay, I'm going to stop getting excited over something that really shouldn't be that exciting. You can tell I'm lonely! :oops:
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby RagDoll » Wed May 20, 2009 10:06 am

Weasley, my boyfriend mentioned that website when we were watching Gladiator!! He said when you slow some of the shots down, some of the extras are just messing around laughing their heads off etc. My boyfriend finds stuff like that really amusing - he really wants to be an extra just so he can be pulling ridiculous faces in the background, what an idiot, lol
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Weasley » Wed May 20, 2009 11:02 am

Haha yeah! There is also a scene where you can see one of the crew members in the crowd wearing a white t-shirt and blue jeans! You would have thought all that money to make the film and they screw up with things like that!
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby RagDoll » Wed May 20, 2009 11:22 am

Haha. I bet they just thought no one would notice, unfortunately for them, they were wrong!
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby spacegirl » Wed May 20, 2009 1:36 pm

lol things like that are so funny you can just imagine the crew having a great time, it's like the disney movies with all the sexually explicit stuff hidden everywhere lol!!! i just wonder who are these people that actually notice this stuff :)
not if you were the last dandy on earth
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby RagDoll » Wed May 20, 2009 1:39 pm

I've never noticed the sexually explicit stuff in Disney films?! Am I just being blonde?! lol
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby spacegirl » Wed May 20, 2009 2:12 pm

i watched a program on it once it was hilarious, rude words being spelt out in clouds and stuff lol. google it it's very funny
not if you were the last dandy on earth
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu May 21, 2009 4:01 pm

RagDoll wrote:I've never noticed the sexually explicit stuff in Disney films?! Am I just being blonde?! lol

It's on http://www.snopes.comunder film and disney...

I only know a few of the disney ones...(I'll type them tomorrow since I'm rushing to go home :))

On Troy I think it is there is a plane flying in the background somewhere...I''ll check the site out tomorrow
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Weasley » Thu May 21, 2009 5:00 pm

Snopes is awsome! It's my ultimate boredom buster when I'm at work!
Also, search "subliminal messages - Disney" on YouTube.
Ha, yeah there is a picture of Troy with a plane in the background...it's not in the actual film though I don't think. They must have digitally removed it from the shot. But check out moviemistakes.com when you get a few minutes...and check out the pictures. Some of the mistakes are really stupid and you think "Oh my god, get a life you sad loser" but some are wicked!
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri May 22, 2009 9:58 am

I'll check the site out once I've been on here.

In the disney ones; in the Lion King when Simba lies down on a rock edge over a pond when Rafiki has been to see him and he's on his way back to Pride Rock the flops on to the rock edge and the flowers fly into the sky and spell "S E X"...apparently it says " S F X" who were the animation or sound company or something...(if you pause it you can see it).

In Aladin on the early ones (I don't know where - since I've only seen Aladin once or twice); Aladin is on the balcony or something and you can hear in the background something like "little children take your clothes off" - the internet have it somewhere; but on my friends version (DVD) - it wasn't there; it may be on the early tapes though.

In the Little Mermaid when Ursula is getting married to Eric (where she is impostering Ariel) - they are standing on the deck and the priest is with them...the priest has an erection. They claim it is his knee...the "knee" can be seen in a couple of shots...in one it does look like a knee but in the other one it looks like an erection and I'm sure it looks like he is wearing boxer shorts. Oh on the original cover to the Little Mermaid a lot of the towers "look" like pahllis (spelling? - erect penis' anyway); I have an early tape of The Littler Mermaid and mine sort of do look like it, but it's semi-hidden. I don't think the new ones have it on the cover.

In Basil the great mouse detective - they are flying in a can or something I think (I've never seen it; only saw it on snopes) but in one of the windows in the back there is a naked woman. Snopes shows it; although I think it says it never made it to the film or if it did was withdrawn and new ones sent.

I don't remember any other ones but it's said there is something "dodgy" in all of the disney films.

Weasley wrote:Ha, yeah there is a picture of Troy with a plane in the background...it's not in the actual film though I don't think.

Yea I seem to rememvber them saying it wasn't in the proper footage.

There are a lot of Pirates of the Carribean as well; on one film I've seen as well the person had a scar on their face and it changed sides in one scene - oh that reminds me...I was watching Sex in the City the movie with my bf and Sarah Jessica Parker is looking in the bathroom mirror...now I can see the cogs turning in my bf's head before he said "isn't her mole on the other side" - I replied "yes, however she is looking in the mirror so her reflection is the OTHER way"...HAHAHAHAHA
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Weasley » Fri May 22, 2009 10:17 am

One of the one's I remember quite well is in The Lost Boys - although I've never seen it on any website. It's the bit where Corey Haim opens his closet at the beginning and he gets scared by a stuffed animal of some kind. If you look on the back of his closet door there is a poster of a half naked chippendale, greased up to the max...gross.
Dipsy, I've looked at that Disney stuff and watched the 8 minute long videos on YouTube...some of them just look like they have paused a scene, looked at the lines and made them in to a word!!
Haha Pirates of the Caribbean...right at the beginning when Johnny Depp is on deck and says something like "Right now you scravenous dogs..." there is a crew member in the back ground wearing a white T-Shirt and Cowboy hat looking casually out to sea...kind of spoils the whole effect!
I could go on forevveeerrrrrrr but I should really be doing work and not looking at movie mistakes and PP!
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Next

Return to Chit Chat