thanks

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

thanks

Postby spacegirl » Wed May 20, 2009 3:08 pm

Hi not sure where to put this but I decided to put it here as it involves everyone on PP. I'd just like to thank all of you who have given me advice over the past few years i've been a member. I don't get on to post very often but I really appreciate your support.

well what has brought this on is that I very recently split for good with a guy who had been messing me around for quite some time, i'd posted quite a lot about him in different contexts and people were always very supportive and always gave me the right advice even if i didn't necessarily take it :oops: I looked over my past posts and realise how much i sugarcoated things and kept A LOT to myself because I probably didn't want to put him in a bad light, even to people i've never met! i've realised now over the past few days that i am better off without him and that pp'ers were right in warning me to stay away (captain flynn has already heard all this lol, thanks for your kind words :))

basically crunch time was when he sent me a message out of the blue which said "I know I haven't treated you well... but that's not going to change". I can't believe how much rubbish i put up from him until now but it's over.

anyway i just wanted to say i will never disregard advice from PP ever again lol.

spacegirl xx
not if you were the last dandy on earth
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Re: thanks

Postby rufio89 » Wed May 20, 2009 3:24 pm

"I know I haven't treated you well... but that's not going to change"

what?????? That definatly wasnt a typo on his behalf??

Well it's better that you're shot of him, and all the PPers are ALWAYS here for you :) xxx
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby spacegirl » Wed May 20, 2009 3:33 pm

lol i know, have you ever heard anything like it in your life. well it could have been a typo, 55 typos.. i.e. the whole sentence!

thanks rufio :)
not if you were the last dandy on earth
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby captainf » Wed May 20, 2009 3:52 pm

Indeed i've heard some of that before :P but I just thought i'd reiterate something for people who read this - we can all look back at our previous posts and say 'I cant believe I sugarcoated this person' I know I can definitely say that. However, hindsight is a wonderful thing and situations like that build our character and as long as we all learn from those mistakes then theres no problem.

Atleast now you know to avoid that guy. You tried and it didnt work out. Thats okay, just remember whoever you end up with will treat you much better and you'll feel a whole lot happier too and wont need to sugarcoat things.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby morris mouse » Wed May 20, 2009 4:54 pm

captain_flynn wrote: However, hindsight is a wonderful thing and situations like that build our character and as long as we all learn from those mistakes then theres no problem.

I agree.
ImageImage
morris mouse
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Weasley » Thu May 21, 2009 8:55 am

I definitely sugarcoated my ex...he was a monster! And I will be honest...I couldn't speak to my friends or family about him as I didn't want them to think he was bad (why?) and cause trouble (again, why?). Everyone on here was so helpful and it was the advice I took from here and seeing other peoples views on what had happened that really kicked me up the butt!
So I'm with Spacegirl...people say love is blind and that is so true. It's funny that the opinions of people that don't know me helped me to make probably one of the biggest decisions of my life...and look where I am now! With a great guy and moving back on the 22nd June. If someone had told me that last year I'd have laughed in their face. I won't ever let myself get treated like that again, and I'm sure now Spacegirl you won't either.
So yeah...thanks to everyone who helped with me too.
xxx :)
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to Friends