Friends Hen Do

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: Friends Hen Do

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:26 am

I wouldn't have sent an email. She left it until an hour and a half before the meal to let you know - even if you lived up the road I do think it's a but unreasonable and not miles away.

You said you couldn't go, then you said you'd make the effort but you couldn't stay (which is fine) she obviously went into a huff about it and took it out on you by "testing" your friendship by waiting until very last minute to let you know. Which was unreasonable of her. I do think your offer of another weekend was very nice, no matter how disappointed she could have texted back and said "yea that would be nice" even if she didn't think that.

You could send an e-mail asking what weekends she is free and that you hope she had a great time; but I think the offer of I'll come to the meal and your offer of another weekend, should have been 'sorry' enough for a 'friend'.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:31 pm

Thanks for the advice. I can totally understand what both of you are saying and I agree really (e.g. I shouldn't have to send her an email because she's the one that's being unfair here) but I'm the kind of person that likes to be honest and open and get things off my chest, so I've dropped her an email explaining things from my perspective.

I don't know how it'll be received, but I do feel a little better for sending it, I just hope it clears the air a bit. If I don't get a response or I get a b!tchy one I'll be leaving it at that.
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:58 pm

Just so long as you weren't nasty then the e-mail should go down ok (I don't expect you to have been nasty, I was just saying), the reply might be a bit stroppy since you "abandoned" her. Just put up with her being huffy for a couple of weeks, she should be feeling better about it in a few weeks anyway.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:04 pm

dipsydoodlenoodle wrote:Just so long as you weren't nasty then the e-mail should go down ok (I don't expect you to have been nasty, I was just saying)

my email wasn't in the slighest bit nasty - I tried to put it as nicely as possible. I copied and pasted what I said to a friend before I sent it and she said it didn't sound harsh or anything.
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:10 pm

I didn't for one minute expect it to be nasty, I was just saying so long as it wasn't nasty/rude then your friend should have no reason not to reply. She'll probably need a bit of time to 'sulk' it off.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:16 pm

No, I know you didn't :)

My friend's just replied and said she knows she's been rubbish re: the arrangements for the hen doo and explained that her head is just all over the place with wedding arrangements, which is understandable. I am glad it's been cleared up now :D I don't see her often, but as I said before, I have always got on with her really well and didn't want to stop being friends.
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:40 pm

Oh thats nice that she replied and apologised for the arrangements. Glad you got it sorted with her :)
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Previous

Return to Friends