Am I wrong not to invite my friend?

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Am I wrong not to invite my friend?

Postby octavia » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:35 pm

I told my friend I was going to a social event this weekend. She asked if I wanted her to go with me and I made a joke about her cramping my style as I am going with 2 men friends. They dont know her and I'm just a bit conscious that as she is a pensioner and old enough to be their mother there could be a people clash here. I'm not sure I want her to tag on as she's been with me to all sorts of events recently and I'd like to branch out and see some different people. Am I wrong to exclude her?
octavia
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Am I wrong not to invite my friend?

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:21 am

You aren't wrong but you could have said it was an invite only event otherwise you would have invited her.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:50 am

I think you have been a bit tactless but your not wrong to want to do things on your own. It will probably have hurt her feelings.
Perhaps next time do as dipsy suggested or tell her they have invited you so you don't feel it's appropriate to invite other people they don't know
or you could try just being honest and telling her you wnat to find other new friends but she may still be upset that she can't be included
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby morris mouse » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:16 pm

octavia wrote: I'm not sure I want her to tag on as she's been with me to all sorts of events recently and I'd like to branch out and see some different people.

Sounds good enough for me!! :D :) You want to make your own way in life (& why not) Enjoy!!
ImageImage
morris mouse
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to Friends