Flying and general travel!

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Flying and general travel!

Postby LME79 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:26 pm

As promised in 'Elevator - mode of transport', here's a thread dedicated to flying. Whether you're a regular flyer, a flying virgin or whether you have a fear of flying ... post all here! :D
I want to be..a tree..
LME79

Re: Flying and general travel!

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:05 am

I love flying; it's all part of your holiday. Although travelling by plane for work had ruined it a bit for me, airplanes are just sky taxis now :(.

Coming back from Paris last year with my bf, he'd bought me a soft toy monkey on the plane on the way back (I call him a monkey so we both have an excess of money items), so on landing I said he needed to hold my monkeys hands(Trifle, so named after my bf's silly name of the Eiffel tower/trifle tower :roll: ). My bf was being a "man" and said he wouldn't hold Trifles hands...he then gave in and said he'd hold Trifles hands for landing (very mature of me) and the big huge butch man in the seat next to my bf just look at him...it was quite funny (although you had to be there)
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby LemonJuice87 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:39 pm

I have a love hate relationship with flying. I love flying, because i know i'm going to be on holiday in around 5 hours.
But, i hate it because, this is where i confuse everybody. I dont like it when the plane is flying with no turbulence (Spelling????). But i dont like it when there is loads and loads of turbulence. I like a little bit, so i know the plane is still running lol.

I like looking out the window for hours at the sea to see if i can see any boats or dolphins. Even though i know we're to high to see anything. Lol.

And i dont like it when people get air sick. I have a phobia about people been sick and dont understand why they still sit in thier seats puking into what i can only describe as the tiniest sick bag in the world.

And i dont like flying on the way back from holiday. Just because i know it's gonna be frickin' cold when we get home (Always travel in February for my birthday) and nine times out of ten, the whatsit tunnel they attatch to the plane is frozen where it is and we have to use the stairs. I'm never smart enough to change into my jeans before i get on the flight. :lol:
You know you're a mum when the thought of food shopping alone becomes exciting.

When you and your significant other are having an argument, just take all of your clothes off during the spat and stand there. Something is bound to happen!! =]
LemonJuice87
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:53 pm

LemonJuice87 wrote:I like looking out the window

I prefer the window seat too; although if you have long legs it's the most cramped. Although my bf doesn't like flying so I can have the window seat; although since I've said it he'll want it this year :cry: .
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby crumpetsandtea » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:24 pm

I love flying. Its a bit weird because I'm really scared of heights but for some reason I trust planes! I love turbulence, taking off and landing its great!

I know I'm strange..... haha!
crumpetsandtea
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Jess1234 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:22 pm

When I'm flying I prefer to sit by the window, I don't know why but I feel much better when I can see outside the window. If I have to sit in the middle section then I have to sit on the end, weird I know but it means I don't freak out! :)
~ Vision is knowing who you are, where you are going, and what will guide your journey ~
Jess1234
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:05 am

The only disadvantage of a window seat is that the side of the plane gets really cold and I always get loads of goosepimples.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Weasley » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:41 am

Flying = sheer terror and fear of dying for me. My flight is getting nearer - I think I may start crying! :cry:
xxx :)
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:53 am

But think about your reward when you get there Weasley!
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Weasley » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:10 am

Yeah...I'm excited about that! I'm just not excited about a 9 hour flight with a stop over followed by another 6 or 7 hour flight. Not fun...not good times. Getting VERY nervous right now. Plus I will be on my own - I hate that. There's nothing worse. At lease I can really let rip when I'm flying with someone. When you're on your own you have to really bite your lip or people think you're really weird. I may have to buy another "plane buddy" (this is a stuffed animal I usually buy if I'm on my own. I have loads.) God, I'm like 24 and STILL buy stuffed animals. I'm rambling now too.
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby rufio89 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:12 am

Just think though Weasley, when you get there you'll have your lovely fella to meet you who is gonna treat you right!!!!

How are things going with him btw?
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Weasley » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:22 am

Oh it's going really well thanks for asking Rufio! I can not WAIT to see him! It's only been a few months - not even that but I miss him SOOOOOO much! We speak on the phone a couple of times a week (damn international call charges!) but email each other all the time. Apparently weather is great at the moment and I have the whole week off when I get there to settle in before staring work on the following Monday. Grrrrrrrr! Oh another thing I hate about flying - jet lag! Absolutely kills me.
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:30 pm

Weasley wrote:I may have to buy another "plane buddy" (this is a stuffed animal I usually buy if I'm on my own. I have loads.) God, I'm like 24 and STILL buy stuffed animals. I'm rambling now too.

I have a 'plane buddy' too...it's a Beanie Baby Sheep haha called Fleecie.

Now Fleecie always goes on holiday with everyone (Fleecie has been more places than me). My mam and dad took her ages ago and maid in the hotel used to put her in different places and she once made a boat out of oragami towels and put fleecie in it in the bath. When I was in Spain last year I took Fleecie to the beach and took photos of her on the beach; I got lots of weird looks. I also took Fleecie to Paris, I have photos of her up the Eiffel Tower and in front of all the sights. We did see a lot of Asians doing it with stuffed teddies as well so I didn't feel as much of a prat. I think it's a fun silly idea; oh and the token photo of every holiday is Fleecie on the balcony "drunk" with a bottle of duty free haha.

I live stuffed animals; I never had a blankie when I was little, I was always into soft toys - I've not grown out of it yet (I'm 24 too).
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:07 pm

That not so weird I love Zippy and took my mini one on holiday
It was more a joke to my hubby as he thinks I am mad as I talk to my giant Zippy at home. It keeps me sane :rofl:
I just put mini zippy on the bed and waited til he noticed. He had only been saying on journey how would I cope without him for a week.
I also have a mini george and zippy in my car.

Edit: I don't take photos though, perhaps that can be my new hobby :lol:
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:47 pm

Bel Bel wrote:Edit: I don't take photos though, perhaps that can be my new hobby

It definately should be haha.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Next

Return to Chit Chat