No to suicide

For problems with mental or emotional well being.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: No to suicide

Postby ennis81 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:47 pm

Its awful Dipsy, the girls that found her are in awful state, I'm sure her mother is in a bad way aswell, Its just so sad that she just felt she had no other way out
ennis81
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:52 pm

I know, but if you are so sad and depressed then you don't think logical, like thinking about talking to someone or going to the doctors. Shame.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:45 am

my cousin did this about 6 months ago. she had post natal depression and she was frightened to get help in case they took the baby away. It is so sad :(
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby ennis81 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:27 am

God Bel Bel I'm sorry for your loss
I was dropping my friend stephen home on tues evening and when we were driving up to his apartment, we saw the police and a few people around one of the other blocks of apartments,we heard last night that a young man had thrown himself off the top floor balcony.
It just seems to be happening more and more these days, so many lives destroyed :(
ennis81
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:52 am

I think depression isn't taken seriously enough and many people are afraid to get help as they think they will be labelled
:cry:

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby ennis81 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:31 am

I think its not taken seriously enough, but I also think anti - depressants are handed out by doctors like sweets, everybody needs to be more aware of mental issues, I suffered from an eating disorder and had a very hard time admitting it because I knew it would be classed as mental illness and I felt ashamed. :oops:
ennis81
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:50 pm

i agree conselling is often much more beneficial than tablets
you have to get to the root cause
having any mental illness is just a sickess of the head
nobody thinks bad of you for a bone illness etc so it shouldn't be any different
I understand people being scared when it's serious psycosis but if people were more aware of mental illness then people would be able to help others more and also people wouldn't be so afraid to get help. Most mental illness is much more damaging to the individual than it is to anyone else, not to say it doesn't affect those around and close to the person suffering

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby ennis81 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:21 pm

An 8 yr old girl hanging herself??? what in gods name is wrong with the world, I'm very upset about this its awful, shes just a year older than my own daughter, bless her little soul, I hope the angels are minding you X
ennis81
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby shaz26 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:53 am

It really annoys me when people say it's selfish. Most of the time they are judging it from a normal persons mindframe. It's not selfish at all. I tried to commit suicide loads of times. My confidence and self esteem was so low that I was convinced I was such a burden to my family that for their sake I'd be better off dead. I thought I was such an inferior person that their lives would be happier if I was dead. I was doing it for them. You have to see it from their point of view not yours. People get to such a low point that it's like a black hole with no way out. Doctors are useless, I've Been seeing them since I was about 8, councilling didn't work for me, and anti depressants didn't have an effect even Prozac! Ultimately I had to get out of it myself, it's extremely difficult and it's a never ending struggle every single day but I'm doing it. I'm alive, I didn't die but at my lowest the guilt I felt for my families sake that I was Just alive was over whelming. How could I tell them anything when in my head the mere idea of me breathing was ruining their life?! I made it but for the poor people that didn't I feel sorry for, because they died with an illness people clearly still don't understand.
shaz26
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Craig Alexander » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:56 pm

There's a saying that I read a long time ago; 'suicide is a long term solution to a short term problem'. How very true that is.

Craig Alexander
www.ihavemylife.com
Craig Alexander
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Previous

Return to Mental wellbeing