Came off pill, now period is late. Looking for answers.

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Came off pill, now period is late. Looking for answers.

Postby suki » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:29 am

Hi there,

I have been on the pill for approx 3 years and had to come of it due to surgery i was having. I hate condoms and get really nervous using them as does my boyfriend but when we were on holidays we use one and my boyfriend thinks there was a problem with the condom...now i didnt think so because we examined it carefully (sorry to be so graphic!) i think we are just very parnoid about slipping up. I have been back 2 weeks from my holidays and my period was due last week but i never got it. I did a pregnancy test last Friday and it was negative but i am going to do another one today.

I just wanted to know if it is possible to miss a period when coming off the pill or are there any changes in cycle when you do come off the pill?

I have also been experiencing very sensitive nipple on one breast which is worrying.

You will probably think i am jumping the gun without taking a test but i would like to know about the pill and if it could be causing a cycle change or sore nipples etc.

Thanks.
suki
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Came off pill, now period is late. Looking for answers.

Postby RagDoll » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:34 am

Hi Suki,

Since you used a condom, I think the chances are your period is just late and nothing more. Coming off the pill after so much time can definitely mess up your usual cycle (I've experienced the same thing in the past) as obviously normally the pill determines when you have your period. I would try not to worry too much for now.

The sensitive nipple is probably nothing more than coincidence. I know that when I'm due on my breasts are sometimes a bit more sensitive/sore, so I wonder if it's just that?
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Re: Came off pill, now period is late. Looking for answers.

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:55 am

As Ragdoll said, coming off the pill does cause changes. It can take some people months to get back to normal after stopping taking the pill.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Return to Physical