Flying and general travel!

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: Flying and general travel!

Postby RagDoll » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:51 pm

I don't think it's specific to our area as it's written in their general terms and conditions, it says that "flights can be taken between 1 March and 31 October each year, subject to weather conditions and any other period(s) decided by us". In fairness I thought it was the end of September, but obviously they do have a period over the wintertime when they don't fly, so it must be private rental or the likes!
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:37 pm

very jealous I want to go in a ballon
I keep hinting for my 40th in two years, men don't always get hints though
So hubby if your reading this GET THE HINT :lol: :lol:
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby captainf » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:43 pm

Yeah probably is private events and training then. Interesting though.
Anyway theres plenty of other companies who do winter flights.

Bel Bel, why not just say something like 'it would be great to go in one for my 40th' and laugh.. he may get that hint. ;)

I sometimes want to go in a balloon because its another flying machine, but i'm not sure if I like the idea too much of a basket and the envelop full of hotair. None the less though balloon flying is wonderful. Knowing me if I flew in one of them that would be another licence i'd want.. 8) :lol:
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:03 am

Bel Bel wrote:So hubby if your reading this GET THE HINT

LMAO!
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:40 am

It says sunny intervals for York on Sunday on the BBC weather forecast today, so I am going to believe that one over Captain's, just because it sounds more promising :lol:

.... really hope we get to go on our balloon flight this time!
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:37 pm

CaptinF said "Bel Bel, why not just say something like 'it would be great to go in one for my 40th' and laugh.. he may get that hint. "

As most of you have probably gathered I get to the point and I have actually told him i would REALLY love to go on a ballon flight
To be fair he said he thought about it for when he proposed but he said he knew I would know why he was doing it and it would give the game away. He is right I probably would have guessed what he was up to right away if it wasn't already a special occasion
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby captainf » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:48 pm

Ragdoll, I hope i'm wrong too. I used metcheck to check the weather for sunday, just looked at the BBC site and you're right they have stated sunny intervials. I checked their radar and it doesnt look too bad but rain for the evening, suppose it all depends on when the low fluffy stuff rolls in. I always check 3 sites for the weather - BBC, Metcheck and the aviation part of the met office, see how similar they look and then try to come up with an average of what will probably happen. :lol: :lol: I dont think I can get sundays detailed forcast from the aviation part until saturday evening though.

Ah yes I remember, Bel Bel. Maybe you should tell him straight out.

To be fair he said he thought about it for when he proposed but he said he knew I would know why he was doing it and it would give the game away.

This bit made me laugh because if I had a girlfriend and took her flying to propose I think she'd just be thinking 'here we go, flying again, cant keep him out of the flying machines' Mind you though in that sense a proposal would work wonders as a surprise. :D
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

captainf wrote:I checked their radar and it doesnt look too bad but rain for the evening, suppose it all depends on when the low fluffy stuff rolls in.

As a general rule, the mornings have been much brighter and nicer than the evenings here for a while now, so hopefully it'll go ahead being so early in the morning :D

If we go, I'll take lots of pics and post them for you all to see :) Bel, Bel - maybe you could print one out as a big hint to your hubby? hehe.
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby captainf » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:31 pm

Yeah its probably due to the cooler air, throughout the day the air heats up and the convection then generates clouds, rain etc. Weather is a funny thing but i've always had an interest in it. I think during my 7 PPL exams the only two I really enjoyed reading up on was Meteorology and Aircraft Tech. :lol:

Bel Bel, if Ragdolls idea fails, just nick a virgin hotair balloon and i'll try my best to fly it for you - apparently those virgin balloons are quite easy to get hold of. :P ;)
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby captainf » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:32 pm

Oh and Ragdoll - im looking forward to the photos! I was looking at some the other week taken on a virgin balloon over MK and they looked great, so it will be nice to see what you come up with - but you've gotta get the classic shot of looking up into the actual canopy while the burner is going, okay? ;) :P
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:40 pm

captainf wrote:Weather is a funny thing but i've always had an interest in it.

Me too, we covered it quite a bit in A-level Geography (and that's what I went on to do for my degree, but unfortunately we didn't really do anything about the weather then!).

captainf wrote:but you've gotta get the classic shot of looking up into the actual canopy while the burner is going, okay? ;) :P

I'll try my best! :)
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby captainf » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:08 pm

Aw you do weather in A-level geography? Gosh if I had known that I would of done A-level geography!

haha aww im sure your best will be good enough! :P
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby captainf » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:31 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8187503.stm

I think once the police catch people who do this they should be allowed to shine it in the persons eyes as a lesson to be learnt.
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:26 am

captainf wrote:I think once the police catch people who do this they should be allowed to shine it in the persons eyes as a lesson to be learnt.

ha I agree.
captainf wrote:el Bel, if Ragdolls idea fails, just nick a virgin hotair balloon and i'll try my best to fly it for you - apparently those virgin balloons are quite easy to get hold of.

LMAO!!!
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:29 am

captainf wrote:Aw you do weather in A-level geography? Gosh if I had known that I would of done A-level geography!

Yeh, it was one of the modules :) I remember it being on the first AS level Geography exam.
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

PreviousNext

Return to Chit Chat