i was a bad drunk

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

i was a bad drunk

Postby Moxxy » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:51 am

Hey everyone,

It was one of my best friends birthday this weekend and i had a lot to drink. Usually alcohol doesn't affect me in a bad way, I usually feel bubbly, friendly and cheerful which the alcohol exaggerates. But this weekend I was really rude to two of my good friends who were trying to take care of me; I swore at them a lot, told them I didn't know why I was friends with them and told them to stop hassling me which they really took offence to. I was so drunk I don't remember saying these things and I have no idea why I got like this, I was in a good mood before we started drinking and I love these 2 friends to bits.

I thought all was forgiven, because the morning after the 2 friends were laughing at silly TV programmes with me and accepted my apologies. But this morning one of the friends confronted me, saying its a fact that alcohol brings out the true self and deep down I must dislike them. I feel awful that she thinks this; as I have said above this really isn't true.

Has anything similar happened to anyone else who is usually a nice drunk? Or can anyone offer an explanation why I turned nasty? I just want to prevent anything like this happening again because I am pretty embarrassed. Thanks! x
Moxxy
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: i was a bad drunk

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:08 am

You can only tell them that you REALLY didn't mean it.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Re: i was a bad drunk

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:16 am

Is it possible you may have been spiked
If you never normally react like this then it seems odd.
Make sure you are careful to watch your drinks at all times
I don't believe the true self always comes out when drinking, yess with some people but drink can make others very agreesive when they normally aren't like that
Remind your friends you wouldn't hang out with them if you didn't want to and you wouldn't be so keen to make up if you didn't really like them
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Friends