Claim to Fame

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Claim to Fame

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:01 pm

Since Bel Bel mentioned it in another post and she thought it was a good idea...here goes (it's just copied from the other thread). Any funny stories involving celebs you have met?

My claims to fame are...

I went to school with Cheryl Tweedy (she was in the year above) but she visited my house on the day we moved in...to see her uncle who was helping us move. Her cousin almost knocked me down on Wednesday in her open topped mini. My dad works with her uncle.

Michael Carrick is a family member (distant and only through marriage).

We are apparently related to Sir Rider Haggard on my dad's side. My dad's aunty who remembered everything said so and told us the relation but none of us remember it.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Re: Claim to Fame

Postby m_m » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:10 pm

I have removed this post due to identity issues, I hope that is not a problem x
Last edited by m_m on Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m_m
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:56 pm

My dad used to play football with the geordie one from The Animals.

My dads best friend used to play for Newcastle Uniteds first team.

Our house used to be owned by Newcastle United (something like 70 years ago)- when teams get their new players they put them up in a house somewhere so they have a base until they get their own place...our house was that house!
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:03 pm

My grandad hung around with the Richardsons - The Krays rivals.

My hubby is related to Cliff Rcihard but has never met him.

I met Sol Campbell at the airport once.

I have been on TV when I was 11 tipping a bucket of sand on Danny Bakers head. I wanted to meet Michael Aspel so when Danny Baker turned up down the beach at the kids club (I was mad as I didn't know who he was) I tipped a bucket of sand over his head whilst he was being buried. They used it during the show and I was used as the picture caption for the advert where they say "coming up next ....".

Jamie Redkanpp said hello to me, hubby and mother in law outside Wembley the other week - he is hot in real life.
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:31 am

LMAO at you with the bucket of sand. [-X
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:27 am

They should change their name to My sausage valentine :D
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby LemonJuice87 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:10 pm

My two biggest and probably better claims to fame are:

Mr. LemonJuice's younger sister is the Ladies world champion in the Snooker. Through that we have met quite alot of famous Snooker players.

And my Nan's Aunty (I think) used to work directly with Coco Chanel. I think thats so cool lol.

Other's are:
I spent the length of the ferry crossing from Dover to France in the company of Mr. Jeremy Clarkson. He is SO funny. Had a rather nice car with him too. Shockingly enough.

Others are just meeting random celebs to be honest.
You know you're a mum when the thought of food shopping alone becomes exciting.

When you and your significant other are having an argument, just take all of your clothes off during the spat and stand there. Something is bound to happen!! =]
LemonJuice87
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:32 pm

I physically bumped into Vic Reeves at the airport once. I went through a phase of everytime I went to the airport I saw someone famous for a few months.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:18 pm

oH I just remembered Kim Wilde (80's pop str for those of us old enough to remember) lives down the road from me and used to go to my old school

Oh and my grandad painted the albert hall in 1964 (along with his workers at the time) - random but the albert hall is famous - dipsy you never said it had to be famous people :lol:
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:48 pm

Aww there is no rule for it just to be famous people.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Weasley » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:06 pm

I used to play around Andy (or it could have been John?) Taylor's house who was either the drummer or guitarist for Duran Duran. They lived in the same village as me and I was friends with his kids, Andy and Georgina. Max Raferty from the Kooks (before he got kicked out!) was in the year above me at high school and taught me to play Pretty Fly for a White Guy on the bass guitar and I saw Eddie Murphy in the Mirage Hotel in Las Vegas.
xxx :)
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Jo » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:03 pm

Weasley wrote:I used to play around Andy (or it could have been John?) Taylor's house who was either the drummer or guitarist for Duran Duran. They lived in the same village as me and I was friends with his kids, Andy and Georgina.

EEEEEEEK! DURAN DURAN! Swoon! John Taylor was the 'fit' one - but for some reason I always liked Nick Rhodes. I seemed to have a thing for men in make-up. My other heart throbs were Adam Ant and Gary Numan (showing my age now!).

As for famous people - haven't met many but I was at college doing Media Studies when Hayley from Corrie was doing Performing Arts - so our paths crossed a few times.
Jo
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby captainf » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:53 pm

Had a few situations on work experience in 1999 when I was 15 where I either had contact with or was relatively close to famous people - Angela rippon came to the check-in desk I was on, also saw Mel B from the space girls, Goran Ivanisevic after his exit from Wimbledon, also a Politician aswell. Walked past that Journalist guy who was always on BBC's Airport.

During an awards evening at my school I was given an award from Trevor Baylis. He actually went to school with my grandad and his brothers. He was particularly good friends with my grandads brother Sid. So during the awards evening my nan went up to him and introduced herself, he remembered her and said he had lost contact with Sid, passed us his address which we passed on to my grandads brother. They remained in contact with eachother right up until Sid passed away a few years ago after having had a heart attack.

Just over a week ago my mum was working in Tie Rack in MK City center and Katrina from airline (the lady who suffered with cancer) came in and spent 15mins talking to my mum. Mum found out she only lives about 5 - 10mins drive from us.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby m_m » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:02 pm

I have removed this post due to identity issues, I hope that is not a problem x
m_m
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Chit Chat