Rant: Manipulative People

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Rant: Manipulative People

Postby rufio89 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:50 pm

I am SO sick of manipulative people.

I am in a mood now.

Anyone had any experience of these sorts recently?

Please share.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Re: Rant: Manipulative People

Postby captainf » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:59 pm

Yeah I know some but I tend not to let them get to me really.
What happened to you?
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:15 pm

Is this to do with those women at work by any chance?
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby rufio89 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:24 pm

No no.

Stupid boys, again.

Theres a guy, Mark, who's been talking to me a lot, being really friendly, texting me a fair bit, and I've thought "right, I need some time to myself, but he's a nice guy, so maybe when I've got myself sorted out a bit, we could go for a drink or something"

Anyway, I went out last night with my friend Craig, and Mark was there (Craig and Mark know each other). Craig saw me talking to Mark and said "stay away from him Ruth, seriously, he's a player". I didnt think much of it because I thought "ah, nahh he's got the wrong end of the stick, he's a nice guy, and also it doesnt matter because im not gonna get involved".

Anyway, today I was talkin to my friend Michelle, who I know through Craig, and she said "I spoke to Craig earlier Ruth, he said you were talking to Mark last night. Seriously, STAY AWAY FROM HIM. He is a manipulative little *beep* and he WILL *beep* you over".

I said some stuff he'd said that made me think that he's a nice guy, and she stopped me mid-sentance on the last one and finished the sentance for me, and said "yep, heard those ones from him".

Basically he's the kind of guy who manipulates girls into thinking they care about them, and then sleeps with them and doesnt call them again.
I'm just glad I spoke to Michelle and Craig before anything happened, but it's more just the principle that people would DO that!I bet there's a string of poor girls trailed behind him thinking theyre special.

Cross I am lol.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Skarlet » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:25 pm

Ack I hate that type of guy. Sounds like you had a lucky escape.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby rufio89 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:27 pm

Indeed!! I am SOOO glad I spoke to my friends, I was totally falling for all the BS he was coming out with!!

I was talking to him last night and he was like "I really like you Ruth, but I dont want to be the rebound guy".

LOSER.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby snail » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:21 pm

:evil:

You should feel sorry for him really though, Rufio. People who put effort into deceiving and manipulating others have deep problems with themselves. And no matter how much of that they do, they never fill the 'hole' inside them, and have to keep on doing it. Imagine living your life that way, what a waste of time.
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby RagDoll » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:02 pm

snail wrote:People who put effort into deceiving and manipulating others have deep problems with themselves. And no matter how much of that they do, they never fill the 'hole' inside them, and have to keep on doing it

Do you think so Snail? Hmmm... that's interesting. I totally agree that living your life that way is a waste (and obviously wrong), but I always kinda thought they were just getting a kick out of it as opposed to having deep problems within themselves.
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby realisticmale87 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:07 pm

I dont belive manipulative people have there own issues, i belive everyone manipulates people for there own gain at some point.
i have manipulated people to get what i want, and ive been manipulated by people usually women and vise versa!!
If u like someone give it a go dont listen to advise its usually only good for passing on. I met a girl in work who i liked and other people there told her i was not to be trusted and was just up for playing her, she decided to trust me and we were together for a while and i loved her alot never once cheated or purposely hurt her, so if u think he could be worth the risk go for it. People change.
realisticmale87
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby captainf » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:59 pm

Sorry to hear he isnt what you thought he was. I know a few girls who manipulate men for some reason. Waste of time really.
Just be grateful you didnt go out with him first, however, as none of us here know the guy we can only form a judgement by what you and your friends are saying.
If you still want to go out with him its at your own discretion, but he doesnt sound much good, does he?
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:49 pm

snail wrote::evil:

You should feel sorry for him really though, Rufio. People who put effort into deceiving and manipulating others have deep problems with themselves. And no matter how much of that they do, they never fill the 'hole' inside them, and have to keep on doing it. Imagine living your life that way, what a waste of time.

Thats really good way of putting it and it's reminded me I have some polos in my bag that need eating. :D
(They are not ice cream flavour unfortunately)
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Chit Chat