Little bit creepy...

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Little bit creepy...

Postby rufio89 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:48 pm

Ok... am I wrong or is this a little bit creepy?

I went out with this guy when I was about 15/16. We went out for a few months.
We split up and have been friends intermittantly but he's always seemed to have had trouble letting go (even though he split up with me).

Anyway, in the end I just started ignoring him. It's now been 6 months since I replied to a single message or email or phonecall.

Last night I got a photomessage from him, saying "my wall... i hope youre good". And it was a photo of his wall, and on it, was a picture I'd drawn when I was 16, for him. Only on the picture he'd written "Ruth drew this!!"

creepy???
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Re: Little bit creepy...

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:49 pm

definately creepy.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:55 pm

That's a little bit strange. I've a similar-ish one to this actually - I went out with someone when I was 16-17 (bearing in mind I am 24 now) and I noticed on one of his relatively recent photos of him in his army bedroom, he has a photo of me that I'd given him when I was 16-17 stuck to his wall!
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Skarlet » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:02 pm

Definitely weird.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby snail » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:12 pm

I think sometimes guys like to keep trophies to remind themselves that they managed to get a desirable girl, even if there isn't any real connection any more, or any great memories, and even if they decided not to keep her! How many women a young man has managed to persuade to date him can often be a big pride thing.

Constantly wanting to talk and email though, suggests this guy is hoping the relationship will re-start at some point.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby captainf » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:45 am

I dont agree that its a trophy thing.
Although I have to say that although i'm over my ex (Tamsin) sometimes I do think of her. Not in a weird way, just, she was the only girl who truely made me happy. I shared some really nice memories with her. Shes very happy with someone else now and thats great, im very happy for her because she has a very good heart. However the point im making is that maybe your ex sees you as the one girl who truely made him happy, sadly it doesnt sound like he is over you and maybe he does hope that you will like him back.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby rufio89 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:11 am

Oh I KNOW he still likes me, he told me.

He said "he's never stopped loving me", but we were together when I was 15, so to be honest, I'm skeptical of what his idea of love is. I might not be popular saying this, but I think unrequited love for 5 years, is not "love", just obsession.

I made it perfectly clear how I felt and that nothing was ever going to happen, but he just wont leave me alone. I started telling him to leave me alone then I decided it was best to just ignore him. The messages have been gradually slowing down, so I think it's working, just taking some time.

I dont think it's that weird that he kept the picture, I have some stuff from exes in my memory box. I do think it's a bit weird that he has it on his wall, but the bit I thought was super-weird was the "Ruth drew this!" thing... plus sending me the picture??

hm. I find it slightly frightening.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Skarlet » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:34 am

I didn't think keeping it was weird, having it on his wall, and sending a picture of it to you was what I thought was weird. Keeping things from exes is fine and normal, its part of your history so of course you will want to keep it.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby captainf » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:29 pm

Its only obsession if they keep on at you even when somethings not going to happen. Its possible to love someone for a long time and not tell them, thats not obsessive.
Your ex sounds very hung up on you (so slightly obsessive) which is a shame because everyone deserves happiness and hopefully he will find a girl who makes him happy.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Return to Chit Chat