Movies.

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: Movies.

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri May 22, 2009 10:37 am

Weasley wrote:Haha Pirates of the Caribbean...right at the beginning when Johnny Depp is on deck and says something like "Right now you scravenous dogs..." there is a crew member in the back ground wearing a white T-Shirt and Cowboy hat looking casually out to sea...kind of spoils the whole effect!

Oh which one? One of them, the last one I think has a tag sticking out of his bandana, I think the joke was did they have addidas then? I don't know where in the film it is as I've only seen it on screen shot..

OOOOOOOOOOO on "who killed roger rabbit", at the beginning where they are filming with the baby and Roger rabbit gets stuck under the fridge...just after that they yell "cut" and the baby stomps off and goes under a womans skirt and she screams...if you look the baby goes under her skirt with his middle finger up and comes out with drool on his lips. Also later on in the film where Jessica Rabbit is thrown from a car, she spins around a lot and she isn't wearing anything under her dress...apparently its "darkened" so clearly she is wearing underwear (according to the people who drew it).

Weasley wrote:Dipsy, I've looked at that Disney stuff and watched the 8 minute long videos on YouTube...some of them just look like they have paused a scene, looked at the lines and made them in to a word!!

It does but I think that is the point...it's implied but not actually said.

Weasley wrote:could go on forevveeerrrrrrr but I should really be doing work and not looking at movie mistakes and PP!

:(
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Weasley » Fri May 22, 2009 10:45 am

It was in the first one Dipsy and I've seen that screen shot with the whole Adidas thing! Haha!
Harry Potter films tend to have the most mistakes I've seen yet...one scene when Harry and Malfoy are dueling there is a wide screen shot and you can see a camera man in the left hand corner with his camera. Another time (in the second film I think) when Harry and Ron are in the flying car you can see a crewmembers hand in the background holding on to the owl cage. And one bit where Hermiones legs are cut off from the calves when they have digitally placed her in front of a monster. Plus in the Lord of the Rings movies you can clearly see wires on the wizards when they have that fight in the tower and a car cruise past when the hobbits are leaving the Shire for the first time (this was cut from the actual movie though.)

I was going to do some work but this is far more interesting than quoting on car finance!! :lol:
xxx :)
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri May 22, 2009 10:49 am

Oh I'm going to have to watch Harry Potter and Pirates of the Carribean.

I had a film where the girl runs off to get help and stops towards the end because she thinks shes out of shot and she just hovers there.

Also in The Wizard of Oz, didn't one of the munchins hang himself? I don't know if it's myth or not but it's "supposedly" cut out of the newer editions. It's only in the older wide screen shots.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri May 22, 2009 11:25 am

Ok I’ve been searching the net for these mistakes..

http://www.cinemaroll.com/Animation/Dis ... ngs.286739

The Beast sports a tattoo in Beauty and the Beast – I haven’t seen this but I have seen a screen shot.

In Who Framed Roger Rabbit, apparnetly there's a scene when they go in the bathroom and graffitied on the wall is "For a good time call Allyson Wonderland." – again I haven’t seen it, but I think I have seen a screens hot.

Tarzan- when Terk is singing "thrashing the Camp" she is seen to be playing on a tea set, but when you look at it, its Mrs Potts and Chip from Beauty and the beast, and other cups and plates!! (I’ve not seen Tarzan so I don’t know)

In The Little Mermaid, when a team of dolphins is towing King Triton in his chariot, he swoops down over the crowd, and in the far side of the screen is Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse, etc. Those of which dont belong in the film. – This is true…it was on my video anyway.

I also found this post on a Disney site

“Just recently scanning throught the lion king hoping to find other subliminal messaging besides the other obivous ones posted all over the internet. I paused it randomly just messing around with my friend, and it stopped on what resembled to me to be a nazi march. It occurs when Scar is singing to his army of hyenas, the are walking in formation of what hitlers army would walk in when they were having marches. Also the hyenas have grayish coats much like the ones the hitlers nazi soldiers wore, also the feet are all going out in unisen while they have perfect posture. That just occured to us as somthing quite odd. Then later reviweing the part, seconds later in the same scene there are hyena skeltons dancing behind a drape, with gas in the air, it could be that being portayed as the nazi gassing the jews. I dont know somthing to think about, dont know for sure if these are true”

Apparently it came up a lot on the site I found it on…my bf has said a few times that Mr. Walt Disney hated the Jews…how true it is I don’t know.

“The Lady and the Tramp when the dogs are eating the spaghetti, a women in the background is masturbating in the window” – OMG…….I have this on video still (I don’t have a video player to watch it though).
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri May 22, 2009 11:28 am

On an asside not but sticking with the subliminal messages, has anyone heard the songs played backwards (I actually wonder who first decided to do this, the get the "messages" out of it.

http://www.reversespeech.com/music_reversals.htm

There are better sites but I can't find them; I can't remember what to search for in google. There are a good few funny ones.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:21 am

I went to see 500 Days of Summer about a week ago - just wondering if anyone else has seen it and what they thought? I really liked it. It has a great sound track too :)
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby LemonJuice87 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:01 pm

Disney regulary put other characters in from other films. Although I havnt seen Donald Duck and Mickey in The LIttle Mermaid. That would seem out of place lol.

I know in A Bugs Life when Flick goes into the' City' there is a Poster of The Lion King that used for the stage shows.

I want to watch Lady and the Tramp now! :o I havnt got a video player either though, lol.

I think all kids programme's or films have a sexual message or at least a hidden theme to it. In the Night Garden is a good example. Upsy Daisy and Iggle Piggle keep running off into the woods together and they always come out happy lol.

Anyone seen a film called Darkness Falls? I'm gonna seriously hurt my best mate if no-one has, he made me watch it years ago and it terrified me. And still does!!!! I can't sleep with the light off if i'm on my own, thats how much it scared me lol.
You know you're a mum when the thought of food shopping alone becomes exciting.

When you and your significant other are having an argument, just take all of your clothes off during the spat and stand there. Something is bound to happen!! =]
LemonJuice87
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby snail » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:01 pm

LemonJuice87 wrote:I think all kids programme's or films have a sexual message or at least a hidden theme to it. In the Night Garden is a good example. Upsy Daisy and Iggle Piggle keep running off into the woods together and they always come out happy lol.

I think that says a lot about your mind, Ms Lemon! [-X They're probably just climbing trees, scrumping apples, building dens and generally having a jolly time.

Never seen Darkness Falls.
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby LemonJuice87 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:39 pm

I think i do actually have a bit of dirty mind. :lol:
You know you're a mum when the thought of food shopping alone becomes exciting.

When you and your significant other are having an argument, just take all of your clothes off during the spat and stand there. Something is bound to happen!! =]
LemonJuice87
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby captainf » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:11 pm

I'm watching Memphis Belle at the moment, i've seen it loads before but never get tired of that film. :D
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:36 am

LemonJuice87 wrote:Disney regulary put other characters in from other films. Although I havnt seen Donald Duck and Mickey in The LIttle Mermaid. That would seem out of place lol.

We had a post with Disney "spoofs" in it.

Mickey mouse is in the audience of the hall at the beginning of the little mermaid; when Sebastians chariot sweeps over to the front you can see them if you look closely.

In the Hunchback of Notre Dam Belle from beauty and the beast wonders around the square in front of the church.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Previous

Return to Chit Chat