My New Snakes

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

My New Snakes

Postby Skarlet » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:33 pm

I meant to post some piccies of my new snake, never got round to it, and now I have two!

here are some (blurry) images of my snakes.

http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv25 ... key009.jpg - this the second snake I have, I believe he is an anery.

http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv25 ... e015-1.jpg this is my first ever snake, he is a snow motley.

I am completely smitten, and I am dying to buy more. I want a couple more at least.
Last edited by Skarlet on Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: My New Snakes

Postby snail » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:29 pm

I can't get the first link to work, Skarlet?

The second one is tiny, much smaller than I realised. Is it very young? It looks like an albino but Google tells me that snow motleys are not the same as albino motleys. Cornsnakes don't eat snails do they? :o

Nice T-shirt, too :wink:
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Skarlet » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:08 pm

http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv25 ... key004.jpg that one should work.

The Snow corn is a combination of Amelanistic and Anerythristic 'A'.A mostly white body with pale blotches and a yellow chin and neck. Is taken from the cornsnake morph bible. An amel lacks back pigment, and the anery misses the red. They don't eat snails, only micicles.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby captainf » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:26 pm

Nice snakes. :D

In your original post, remove the - at the end of the first link, that will enable the photo to show.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Skarlet » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:47 pm

Thanks captain.

They have albino land snails, it the rep shop I bought Milo from. they are beautiful. I have to be quite strict when I go there, or I would buy loads. Hoping to get my bf to make me a viv stack so I can have a couple more.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:08 am

I'm not a fan of snakes; I don't mind looking at them or stuff but I wouldn't want one as a pet - plus my uncle is petrified of them. I bought a rubber snake years ago and my parents dangled it in front of him and he apparently went running out of the house screaming like a girl. lol.

I like the second snake (well your first snake but the second picture best) :). I like "odd" looking things and being all white it looks more "rare" lol.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Skarlet » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:20 am

There is something I find fascinating about them. I love watching them eat, they are really inquisitive, and generally pretty low maintenance.

There are two more variations of white cornsnakes, blizzards and opals, they are much whiter then Milo. He is actually a pretty pale pink, with whiter blotches, and yellow down the side of his neck.

I want a Lavender, and I would like a pewter, I am drawn to the darker or lighter coloured snakes, rather than red based ones.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby snail » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:28 am

dipsydoodlenoodle wrote:I like "odd" looking things and being all white

You'd like me then, Dips - odd looking and all white describes me to a tee.
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:37 am

I actually like the yellow boa snakes.
snail wrote:
dipsydoodlenoodle wrote:I like "odd" looking things and being all white

You'd like me then, Dips - odd looking and all white describes me to a tee.

Aww no wonder I like you then snail; you forgot to mention chocolate streaks and smudges around your mouth.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby captainf » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:10 pm

haha. When I was about 5 my mum and uncle put a rubber snake in my bed so when I pulled back the covers to get into bed I saw it.. and it scared me. :P Thing is I am not scared of snakes - my cousin had a few not long back but they died due to his own fault.

I am, however, scared of spiders. If I go into a pet shop that sells them I wont go anywhere near where they are. I'll literally stand on the other side of the room.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:57 am

captainf wrote:I am, however, scared of spiders. If I go into a pet shop that sells them I wont go anywhere near where they are. I'll literally stand on the other side of the room.

A girl I used to go to school with had a tarantula. Do daddy long legs class as spiders? I don't mind spiders; I don't like daddy long legs - our house seems to be a magnet for them at the minute; it was spiders a few weeks ago!

I don't like jelly fish; I went to an aquarium and they has this beautiful tank with bubbles RIGHT where the walkway went and it was FULL of jelly fish; I walked past it really really really quickly - there was no other way to get past it. I knew the jelly fish wouldn't get me; it still didn't make me feel better.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:58 pm

Well I hate spiders and because daddy long legs look like them I keep away from them too

Someone I know had a bird eating spider and it used to shed it's skin and the skin looked like some freaky invisible spider, if that makes sense
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby captainf » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:41 pm

My nans brother inlaw had a tarantula too. I couldnt look at it. Last night I was watching a wildlife program and they were talking about a frog that can get eaten by a tarantula and the moment I saw the spider I turned away hahaha.
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby nothings_shocking » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:04 pm

Beautiful snakes!!!! Reptiles are the best kind of pet!
nothings_shocking
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Chit Chat