Step brother and Sister relationship

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Step brother and Sister relationship

Postby Kookie » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:17 am

My friend, is in the same year as me at school, but nearly a whole year older than me. She is 15. Much earlier this year her step-brother (18) moved into her house.

Ever since he moved in they were close - joking, snuggling up to each other when watching tv. But at Halloween she held a party at her house and she and her step-bro ended up making out in front of every one!! My other friends had many different reactions, but I for one am appalled!

I had also been friends with her step brother, and all of this added to the many other things going wrong this year (finding out my dad was having an affair, having to give evidence in a pedophillia case) I just can't take anymore! He was the one last man I could trust!

The next day I had an argument with him through texts and he even made me feel guilty by saying "I thought you would understand"!!

Soon after I apologised (due to huge stress - there were only so many things I could cope with at once) but then I felt really awkward.

I've felt fine with my friend, but when we were walking home from school - I walk past her house - he was sat outside because he was locked out, and I couldn't look at him for more than a second, let alone look him in the eye!

Recently another mate of mine told me they were partaking in light sexual activities (fellatio etc) but he told me that he won't sleep with her until she's 16.

They both say they are "in love" and they don't see anything wrong with the situation, but I know that at one point they'll just end up getting hurt. What do I do?
Kookie
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Step brother and Sister relationship

Postby Skarlet » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:15 am

I fail to see what this has got to do with you. It is the right of their parents to have problems, but you are not her mum, and cannot protect her. Let her get on wth it.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:32 am

I suppose I agree with Skarlet.

They aren't blood related so technically they are doing nothing wrong!
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby ILoveChristmas » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:44 am

On the face of it I suppose it seems a little strange, but only because the term 'brother' is in there.

In fact, as others have said, they're not doing anything wrong and people will just have to get used to it. Of course it brings with it all kinds of other issues, like what happens if they split up/fall out; they still have to be around each other and can never really make a complete break, but that's not an issue at the moment.

I actually know a couple who are step brother/sister and are in a relationship - works well for them and their family are supportive.

Maybe if you explained exactly what you're appalled about we could comment further.
Christmas to a child is the first terrible proof that to travel hopefully is better than to arrive. - Stephen Fry.

The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel. — Steve Furtick
ILoveChristmas
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby captainf » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:06 pm

I think you said you was with her step brother, didnt you? I guess this is where the conflict of interest is.
It is true there isnt much you can do about it but I think it is abit weird for her to being doing such things with her step brother, as highlighted, if they break up etc its going to be very difficult at home.
On the whole there isnt anything you can do about it, but if it bothers you so much just keep your distance from them. You dont have to agree with what they are doing, nor do you have to be their friend so if it makes you feel better not hanging around them then dont hang around them.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Sebastian » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:29 pm

I have to agree with eveyrone else. They are not related by blood, so they are not comiting an offence? Although it is really WIERD. Lol
Let her make her own mistakes, as that is the only way to learn?
Im sorry to hear everything esle thats going on too. I hope they sort themselves out.
Sebastian
Sebastian
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby LemonJuice87 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:45 am

Urrrmm. David Platt and Tina off Corrie anyone?

There is nothing wrong with it at all! They are in no way blood related! It's not incest or is it sick. They are normal human beings. I would see an actual problem if they were blood brother and sister.

The only thing you can do is put up with it. If it all falls to peice's then you be the shoulder to cry on to your female friend. Just don't say "I told you so" to either of them.
If they make it work and thier family are supportive, then you be supportive too or leave them to it and lose two good friends.
You know you're a mum when the thought of food shopping alone becomes exciting.

When you and your significant other are having an argument, just take all of your clothes off during the spat and stand there. Something is bound to happen!! =]
LemonJuice87
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby RagDoll » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:21 am

It seems to me that the problem here is that you fancy your friend's step-brother and deep down, you are a bit jealous? Sorry if I'm wrong here, I am just wondering why you're having such a strong reaction to all this, especially where he is concerned (you said you were ok with your friend, but had a go at the step-brother)?

Like everyone else said, technically there is nothing wrong with it - I take it he's only recently become a step-brother? It is a bit of an odd situation, but nothing more than that.
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Jo » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:39 am

Agree with what everyone else has said, and have to say that what Ragdol said about being a bit jealous did cross my mind too!
Jo
Site Owner
Site Owner

Return to Friends