Xmas countdown!!

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Xmas countdown!!

Postby everloney » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:46 pm

Hey guys, I'm getting excited about christmas, mainly because i get to come home for 2 weeks. All the xmas decorations are up already in the USA!! I was wondering does anyone have a advent calendar? Maybe we could post what we got in the advent calendar?? (yes i am a women of 25 years old :P) Whats everyone doing for Xmas? Does anyone have a german xmas market here them? If you do, can you go drink some gluhwein for me?
everloney
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: Xmas countdown!!

Postby LemonJuice87 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:13 pm

We have a German Market!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it there.

Unfortunately, times are hard and we can't afford to go this year. So i'm afraid who ever else is going will have to drink some gluhwein for me and Mr. LemonJuice too. :D
You know you're a mum when the thought of food shopping alone becomes exciting.

When you and your significant other are having an argument, just take all of your clothes off during the spat and stand there. Something is bound to happen!! =]
LemonJuice87
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby RagDoll » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:24 am

I am excited about Christmas too :D :D :D

I have an advent calander despite being 25, haha. My boyfriend and I bought each other one. I got a Christmas tree shaped piece of chocolate this morning :)

When is everyone putting up their decorations? I am thinking about doing it sometime next week.

We don't have any German Christmas markets around us I am afraid :(
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby LemonJuice87 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:07 pm

I dont usually put the decoration up untill 12 days before Xmas. But i'm thinking of doing it next week too.

Just to make the house look a little more festive and put us in the Christmasy mood. :D
You know you're a mum when the thought of food shopping alone becomes exciting.

When you and your significant other are having an argument, just take all of your clothes off during the spat and stand there. Something is bound to happen!! =]
LemonJuice87
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Skarlet » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:41 pm

I am not feeling Christmassy at all!

Haven't thought about decorations, or cards.. think it could just go by, and I could miss it and all would be well.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby everloney » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:27 pm

Oh lemonjuice this is sad :( I just love the german market. We used to have them in portsmouth and me and my old boss would go down and drink and eat... oh it was the best...

I don't think advent calendars are popular in the USA as i didn't see any. I guess i will just have to live though you ragdoll :).

Has anyone bought prezzies yet? We are doing secret santa at work.. im excited as i have never done it before..

Skarlet are you anti-christmas?
everloney
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Skarlet » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:41 am

No not really anti christmas, but it is normally filled with stress and stuff. I am also working all through, no time off except for the actual days, and guess I just not in the mood for it.

I don't normally feel this way.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby RagDoll » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:55 am

Everloney - got an xmas pud in my advent calender today :D

I've bought nearly all my prezzies now (though I don't have many to buy for - just my parents and boyfriend). We do a Secret Santa at work too, I've got that one sussed as well :) I am quite organised this year!
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:15 pm

I actually went to the xams market in dusseldorf, germany at the end of Novemebr when i was out their on business.
Fantastic market and I bought a few gifts and some decorations, ok and drunk some gluvine :P
I have bought all my presents and wrapping paper just need to get cards, can't stand the crush in the shops at xmas so never leave it late
The tree will go up this weekend and I will also do the work tree on Monday (my favorite job of the year unsurprisingly :D )
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby RagDoll » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:27 pm

We put up our incredibly tacky xmas decorations in our office yesterday! I suggested it as I was bored and needed something to cheer myself up!
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby peecee » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:36 pm

Aaaaaah, well I'm not a Christmas person, but you lot have shamed me into putting up the nativity scene my dad made for me! :) Ta!

AND I've just found a packet of mulled wine spices in my cupboard (never mind cobwebs, they're full of vitamins), so if I post really weird stuff later, you'll know I've entered into the spirit of PP Christmas by downing a saucepan of Gluhwein. :P

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jess1234 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:02 pm

I've done nearly all my christmas shopping. No tree this year though, I can't afford to buy one! I'm hoping my parents have theirs up when I go back to India for Christmas! Having a proper look at the german christmas market next week and hopefully going iceskating :) I'm feeling rather christmassy right now despite my disappointment over not getting an advent calender in time!
~ Vision is knowing who you are, where you are going, and what will guide your journey ~
Jess1234
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby everloney » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:27 am

No tree? Me and my housemate have no decorations but we are thinking of getting stockings and hanging them up. I am getting excited this time in two weeks i will be at the airport waiting to fly home to the UK. This makes me excited!! ragdoll loving the chocolates you are getting.
everloney
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby snail » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:04 pm

Mmmmm chocolate . . . =P~
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby RagDoll » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:53 am

I got a robin in my advent calander this morning.. yum yum!
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Next

Return to Chit Chat