xmas presents-low finance

For any money-related worries.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

xmas presents-low finance

Postby brfc » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:14 pm

Ok so this year ive decided that im only going to spend on xmas what little spare money i have. most xmas,s previous been on the never never which im now sorting out and dont want to get into debt buying tons of presents this year. my parents/sister have told me not too buy them anything but i thought i dont know what they want but can afford a £10 gift voucher for sis/ clothing shop she likes!!! mum and dad / cinema so they can have good night out. do you think this would be ok? dont want to sound cheap but if ive no money as such a little gesture do u think be ok?
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: xmas presents-low finance

Postby everloney » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:54 am

Yes this will be fine, its the thought that counts and they sound like thoughtful gifts. Your sis can pick something out she likes and your rents will get a good night out. honestly this sounds fine to me :)
everloney
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby brfc » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:18 am

thx ever :)
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:24 pm

I agree a small gesture to show you have thought is as good as a really expensive present. :)
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby kerrie24 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:05 pm

I agree with the others,as long as some thought has gone into it,that matters more than what price it was.We have sooo many people to buy for at christmas that mostly my budget is around £10-£15 each and I just try to get individual gifts that I think people will appreciate.There are some nice personalised items to be found on the internet which can be nice for family too.
kerrie24
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby brfc » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:22 am

a friend of mine rang me last night. what she does is get 2 plastic storage boxes and buys a gift or 2 a month over the year. then by christmas shes got loads of presents for people but not spent a fortune all at once. going to try that this year
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Finances