New Years Eve

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

New Years Eve

Postby RagDoll » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:06 pm

Hi all,

Just wondering what everyone is doing to celebrate the above (if anything)? Do you always celebrate it or is it one of those events that you don't really bother with?

I usually do something, but I really can't be bothered this year, despite having plans to go to a friend's house party, then go out. I know I sound like a right old grumpy granny, but I just can't be bothered with the expense of it, the queues at the bar, feeling like death the next day etc. etc. Also, I am not looking my best at the moment - I wanted to lose weight anyway, but I have put even more on over the last month or so (I blame my birthday and xmas!) so I don't really feel like donning a nice frock, bla bla bla. It will just make me feel rubbish about myself :( I just think New Year is a bit of an anti-climax at times as well - it's never as good as you think it's going to be as it's hyped up.

What does everyone else think? I hope some of you out there a bit more enthusiastic and cheerful about it than me, hehe.

PS: Just so you don't think I am a complete misery - I LOVE Christmas, just not fussed about NY!
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Re: New Years Eve

Postby kerrie24 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:05 am

Im the same ragdoll,I love christmas but new year doesnt really appeal.The prices are extreme if you do go out and nobody wants to babysit for me anyway,this year I think my brother is having a party so we might end up there,or we might get a chinese and stay in :lol:
kerrie24
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:32 am

I only want to celebrate the end of 2009 as it has been such a horrible year for me. However I do not want to go out in the freezing cold so I may do something local but not sure yet.
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby LemonJuice87 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:58 am

Me and Mr LemonJuice were talking about this last night. My Dad has offered to have my daughter New Years Eve so it would be silly to not do something while we can.

But we dont want to spend a fortune on taxi's either. We had a party last year and although the party itself was brilliant. New Years Day, the hangover and all the tidying up was a nightmare.

I think it's a good chance to get our family's together for a few hours. If we hold another party and just have family round, at least everyone is in the warm, it's a smoking house and no-one has to worry about taxi's as we all live within a 2 mile radius.
Wether his lot will go for that is a completly different matter enitrely lol.
You know you're a mum when the thought of food shopping alone becomes exciting.

When you and your significant other are having an argument, just take all of your clothes off during the spat and stand there. Something is bound to happen!! =]
LemonJuice87
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby brfc » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:43 am

Bel Bel wrote:I only want to celebrate the end of 2009 as it has been such a horrible year for me. However I do not want to go out in the freezing cold so I may do something local but not sure yet.

pretty much same here bel bel really looking fwd to 2010 and a fresh year fresh start in my life.
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:52 pm

well I will speically think of you at midnight brfc :D
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:38 pm

Me and my bf will probably go into town to watch the fire works and then nothing as usual.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby brfc » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:18 am

Bel Bel wrote:well I will speically think of you at midnight brfc :D

awww thx bel bel same here with u. toast a new year new start for us both :)
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby LME79 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:27 pm

Will be very glad to welcome a new year, 2009 hasn't been great for me either! I've been invited to three parties, not sure what I'm doing yet though. Might just stay in and watch Jools Holland!
I want to be..a tree..
LME79

Postby Weasley » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:41 am

I have been back in England over the Christmas break which has been awsome and I have appreciated it even more this year and I think I will appreciate New Years more too. I can't believe how cold it's been though! Wow! This year I'm just spending New Years in with my family and friends - it's too expensive to go out!
xxx :)
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Skarlet » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:43 am

My friend has invited me to Bristol, for new years. Am thinking about going, so I am away from home at the moment. Not really sure what to do.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby JennaXXX » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:22 am

I won't be doing anything. I do feel a bit down over that but New Years Eve isn't a big deal to me really. Also, I definitely don't want to be out in the cold, waiting for taxi's etc. I don't like the idea of queueing up to get into pubs and bars either. :-? I know everyone at work would judge me for not doing anything but I am just not in the mood for it really.
Whatever life throws at you, smile, hold your head up high and be the best you can possibly be.
JennaXXX
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby jen » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:33 am

I don't think everyone will judge you for not doing anything Jenna

I think a lot of people aren't doing much this year, myself included.

Normally i always do something to see in the new year and what with me being scottish, it's a bigger deal up here but this year my friends, family and colleagues have all been told that i'm staying in, watching a dvd with lots of hot cups of tea or hot chocolate :) I doubt i'll even stay up for the bells. No-one has judged or said anything to me. Yeah people might have their own ideas of what they think is the best thing to do but i doubt they would actually judge you for having a quiet one. And anyway, it's not as if it's the only new years eve!

Jen
Formerly irnbrubar
jen
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby captainf » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:09 pm

No one is judging you. I only once celebrated new year and that was with my ex and her family in 2005 into 2006.
Tonight i'll be doing one of 3 things at midnight - either online, or laying in bed watching tv or playing my DS.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby JennaXXX » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:12 pm

Yeah, I think it's because my workplace is filled with fairly young people who all will go out tonight.
I have never been a fan of NYE so will just be sticking to my usual routine. I have been asked all week what I am up to and I know it's a huge deal for a lot of people but I just don't want to celebrate 2009. It hasn't been the best of years.
Whatever life throws at you, smile, hold your head up high and be the best you can possibly be.
JennaXXX
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Next

Return to Chit Chat