Everytime I try to work I panic and cry.

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Everytime I try to work I panic and cry.

Postby Poppybear » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:06 pm

A year ago I returned to uni after a long period of illness (depression), by the end of the first semester I had returned to a hysterical mess and was incapable of thinking straight or doing any work. The uni have given me the chance this year to resit with no penalties.

I understand all the work which is not a problem but when faced with the deadline and actually getting the work down on paper I begin to panic, I can no longer think straight because I am in a constant panic that the work will not be good enough or i'll look like an idiot. It has reached the point where I cannot even look at the module guide without crying. I have also become so much of a perfectionist that the work I do get done ends up on the scrapheap. I just do not know what to do anymore, any advice would be apprieciated :(
Poppybear
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Everytime I try to work I panic and cry.

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:55 pm

How about instead of putting work in the scrap heap that you try your best first time and make a promise to yourself that once it is finished you leave it be and stop thinking about it and do not change anything on it and hand it in and actually see how well you do first.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Re: Everytime I try to work I panic and cry.

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:48 pm

I think you need to get some help - cognitive therapy could help considerably with this type of issue and you will be given practical things to do to help you and before you know it you will be getting things under control
If you don't sort this now it will continue into work life too so you need to get it sorted
Can you talk to your parents about paying for it?
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to School, College & University