Driver help

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Driver help

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:51 pm

Ok I feel a bit guilty since I haven't been on here much and here I am asking for help (again lol).

The week before Christmas I saw a girl get run over - lucky for me I was the car behind the one that hit her; 3 seconds earlier and it would have been me. Anyway this is sort of general; I was wondering since we've not heard anything what would happen to the driver? Basically the girl ran in front of his car - she was the one left behind from a group of kids runnind across the road. I presume we've (witnesses) not heard anything as at the time the police man said to me he doubted that we'd be needed as it was pretty conclusive that she ran in front of the car; anyway I was wondering what would happen to the driver as it wasn't his fault? Would be be prosecuted? Also the girl had just left school and the sight of her lying there has kinda been haunting me since, I was wondering do people think that it would be wrong to call the school and speak to the head to see if they can just say "yes she is ok" or "no she isn't" - you know, but not asking for details?

I didn't know which section to put this in; I didn't think it fit anywhere really.

I hope everyone is keeping well :)
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Re: Driver help

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:13 pm

I doubt the school would give you any information but you could try if it will make you feel better.

I doubt the drive will be prosecuted because she ran in front unless she lies and says it's his fault but then as you are a witness that won't stand up. It may be that they don't need to ask you anything further as the girl has admitted it was her fault

Your local paper may do an artical on the incident which might give you more info
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Re: Driver help

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:17 pm

I did think about a local paper but it was about a month ago now.

I know the school won't give me info; I was just hoping that they might say "she is ok" as it's not giving information out as such.

There was 3 cars stopped at the scene (the other side of the road was bumper to bumper traffic too.

Everyone said the same thing so I doubt we'll ever be needed.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Return to Chit Chat