What nice things do your partners/friends do for you?

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

What nice things do your partners/friends do for you?

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:50 pm

I have been thinking if posting a thread like this for ages.

Myself, Ruth and Ragdoll have all used the line "but you don't see the good site, you only hear the negative side". Captain_flynn said he'd like to hear about the good side of things.

So here is a post to tell everyone how good your relationship/friendships are; and if I do say so myself I think we are overdue a bit of a 'brag' post instead of all the problems; and you never know for someone who is a little upset or having problems or something then post might be a little ray of sunshine :).

So come one, what special/nice things have your partners or even your friends done for you...
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Re: What nice things do your partners/friends do for you?

Postby highlandcow » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:01 pm

Great idea for a post Dipsy. I'll get the ball rolling.....

My boyfriend lives about 60 odd miles away so we don't see eachother in the week.
So sometimes he will text me at random times in the day while I'm at work just to say that he loves me/misses me/is thinking about me. I don't know how he does it but he always seems to know when I'm having a bad day or feeling down. And knows what to say to make me feel better.
Doesn't sound like much but it always puts a soppy grin on my face. :D

And this sounds silly but often when we wake up together it's really early and we lie there half asleep and tell each other what we mean to eachother etc and then go back to sleep curled up together for a few more hours.

I have loads of things I could add to this topic........ but I won't go on. :P
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:
'It's good to be alive!'"

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:17 pm

highlandcow wrote:Doesn't sound like much but it always puts a soppy grin on my face

Thats the point though isn't it; they are all silly things but mean so much to you.

My boyfriend made me a treasure trail around his house to find a present he bought me. The present was matchmakers; as I'd happened to mention I liked them and only get them at Christmas hehe.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:40 pm

I agree with highlandcow, good post Dipsy :) (nice to see you back by the way).

My boyfriend is always doing nice things for me - he always looks after me when I am ill (making me dinner, making sure I am warm enough etc.), he'll watch Sex and the City with me even though he hates it (and not moan, haha!), likewise with clothes shopping. He once made me a little book which detailed reasons he loves me/being with me on each page... I am sure I could think of more, but they're the ones that popped into my head :)
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby highlandcow » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:11 pm

RagDoll wrote:He once made me a little book which detailed reasons he loves me/being with me on each page...

Awwwww....that is so sweet Ragdoll! :D

I often get dry skin on my legs and my boyfriend likes to sit and run cream into them for me.

About a year ago I had an operation on my hip which left big scars on my leg and hip. My boyfriend kisses them because I'm paranoid about how they look. Actually I have an ex who used to do that as well. :D
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:18 pm

RagDoll wrote:I agree with highlandcow, good post Dipsy (nice to see you back by the way).

Hopefully I'll get on a lot more now.

Come on people; any thing counts...we have to have more than 3 of us lol.

It can be about friends/family/ex's/current partners...etc.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby highlandcow » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:34 pm

dipsydoodlenoodle wrote:Come on people; any thing counts...we have to have more than 3 of us lol.

Maybe we are the lucky one's. I hope not though - there has to be more out there! :wink:

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby LemonJuice87 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:41 pm

Mr. LemonJuice tickles my back. Just runs his hands very gently on my back, its sooo soothing and very addictive lol. I always return the favour, but it's not very often he will ask me to do it.
When he's not at work he will get up with my Daughter and let me sleep for another hour and then brings me up a coffee. LOVE that. Lol.

He's not romantic in the slightest so i'm not gonna be coming out with anything like that. He does look after me though bless him. :)
You know you're a mum when the thought of food shopping alone becomes exciting.

When you and your significant other are having an argument, just take all of your clothes off during the spat and stand there. Something is bound to happen!! =]
LemonJuice87
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby rufio89 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:27 pm

I have a new boyfriend :) he's very very lovely. I cant think of any specific examples off the top of my head of things that he's done that are lovely, but he's certainly putting in a lot of effort to make sure I feel like I'm interesting and beautiful and it's greatly appreciated :)
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby jen » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:27 am

My fiancee is lovely and always does nice things for me. Once when we'd not long moved in together, he turned up at my work with lunch for me and a big bunch of roses.

Another time when i was off as it was the weekend and he was working, he took an extra long lunch (when he wasn't supposed to) and took the bus home just to check that i was ok because i'd been unwell.

When my gas runs out, he'll wake himself up an hour and a half before me and go and get the wee electric heater and bring it into the room so that it's nice and warm for me waking up.

Writing these things down is really good. It reminds me of how lucky i am.

Great idea for a post!
Formerly irnbrubar
jen
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:04 pm

He sends me random texts telling me he loves me

Takes photos of random things that i like when he is out and sends them to me

Often takes me out and picks me and my friend up on girls nights out even if I can afford a taxi

I leave him little notes. I hide them in his wallet etc
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:47 pm

jen wrote:Writing these things down is really good. It reminds me of how lucky i am.

It also reminds us of how meaningful the silly little simple things actually are.

My bf sits and tickles my back and neck for ages too :); he also combs my hair after it's been washed in the shower to get all the tats out for me :)
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby whoopsie » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:08 pm

It might sound mean, but when my boyfriends daughter is driving me mad (which is often to be honest) he lets me have a moan and tries to understand and see it from my point of view and he never gets mad which is so important to me. He always backs me up.
I also get a cup of tea every morning before I get up except when he's overslept... and he sends me pictures of my cats when I'm at work and he's not with little captions like 'Hi Mummy!'

My boyfriend is my best friend. I can be completely myself with him, farts and all :D
=^..^=
whoopsie
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Chit Chat