Best mate rude to every 1 and i find it hard

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Best mate rude to every 1 and i find it hard

Postby saramidnite » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:36 am

My best mate is horrble to alot of people. Not by choice. He has bipolar. I am very understanding. He has been section for two weeks. He has self harmed and lost many mates due to bipolar. His dad walked out when he was a baby and his family wont accept he has it. As he got worest he gave up his religion which use to give him some stucture as he was a mess. I believe you intitle follow which ever religion is right for you. It just such a same he got worest since giving it up. He drinks loads and has turns were he lashes out at people usualy his friends. I know it not his fault and i still want to be his friend. I may live in a different country but i always call or text him to see how he is. In return he is so rude and vulgar. I cried last time. How am i ment to handle this. He takes it out on me loads of time. It due to the bipolar other wise i would of end our friendship. I wish i was a better friend who could handle this better
saramidnite
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: Best mate rude to every 1 and i find it hard

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:49 pm

My sister has bi polar so I sympathise and I know others with it. He really has to get on medication to get his brain balanced so he is less distuptive to himself and others.
The problem is drink and drugs are not a good thing to do when having bi polar it makes the condition worse.
All you can do is tell him you care and encourage him to get on medication and have it reviewed regularly.
he may refuse to do it hoefver, like my sister and then you cn't do anything to help. they have to ge to a point where they want to be stable.
I think part of the problem is people with bipolar enjoy the highs. It tends to take them a few years of destruction to relaise it's better to be stable than to have these highs as whenever you have a high you will get a low
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby saramidnite » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:32 pm

He says he on the medication but it makes him feels numb. Some times i end up in tears due to all the things he saids. I wish i was a stronger person. I know he dont mean it. Stop times i had to stop talking to him for aday or two to get over what hes says to me. I feel im a terrible friend 4 doing that. He had a go at me yesterday for just telling a joke.
saramidnite
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:22 pm

You are not a bad friend because his mood affects you I think you are being a fantastic friend
You are right not to talk to him for a few days.
When he upsets you I think you should point it out to him
If he is affecting you this much you must tell him and say you don't wnat to stop being friends
Perhaps he needs to go back and review his medication because it doesn't sound like it's right for him
He also says it makes him numb but it hasn't dmapened his bad temper
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Friends