Weight loss, portion control and boredom!

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: Weight loss, portion control and boredom!

Postby everloney » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:08 pm

hello ragdoll, Good luck for tonight. Don't be discouraged if you do not lose as much this week, people loose the most in the first week. I weighed myself the other day and only lost 1 pound... sucky.... this is not about me though :).

Any loss is a plus, i think you should be proud no matter how much. Let us know how you get on.

Hey millena i just re-read you message. So i have just restarted my "healthy living" plan, I'm recording everything i eat. Last week i lost 1 pound, not great up i had just started going back to the gym and starting weight training again. I was talking to my housemate and he said i eat too much processed food like frozen meals. I was thinking this maybe true and that a more raw diet would be more heathlier and give me more energy. Also i am low on my protein in-take and so i have started to get protein bars to boost my protein but my housemate said its the wrong type of protein and so is prob not helping. Do you think this is true?
everloney
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby RagDoll » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:48 am

I only lost 1.5 pounds this week :( I know that's better than nothing, but it's not as much as I had hoped. I blame the pizza I had on Friday night (so really I blame myself... I couldn't resist, plus, I didn't have time to make myself a proper dinner!). I am going to be really good again this week.

I know I'm not a nurse/nutritionalist, so Millenia is better placed to answer your queries... but frozen meals are by and large not good for you. It's far better making your own meals so you know what you're putting in them. That way you have control over what you add and miss out.
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Skarlet » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:53 am

I would think that it would be better to eat lean steamed fish with veges, or lean meats and veges, and stirfrys and salads, or soups that would increase your protein intake, and help you eat less. Also giving up sugars, so cutting down on fizzy drinks, cutting down on sugar and dare I say it chocolate.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:19 pm

I agree with skarlet
I also think being aware of the calories you intake will help
Read all the packets and be aware of what amount of food is what calories. You will be surprised how many calories are in rice and pasta for instance and those sweets you think you only had a few of. They soon add up.
Everything in moderation too because fruit is healthy but also has a lot of natural sugar in it
I definately think it's about diet and getting a healthy balance
As for going red when you excercise I know loads of skinny girls that suffer this too - i think it's just your blood pumping round your body. I never ever go red but i don't have great circultaion so maybe it's a sign your are healthy
I also agree with millenia about body shape. I was 9st 5llb once (131 pounds) size 10 and still had huge thighs and bum but no boobs. Now I am a size 14 and just shy of 12 stone (167 pounds) but I am much better proportioned and don't look like an upside down lolly pop :lol: I fought for years trying to be something I wasn't and I am so much happy accepting what I am meant to be and very stable in my weight without constantly needing to diet
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby everloney » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:54 pm

Thanks guys i think you are right, i just am so busy with work (8-7pm) and i am so tired, cooking does not appeal. Plus i hit the gym or karate after work and after that i die... I cant understand why i am so tired, maybe its my diet and prob alittle bit of stress. I am going to buy fresh food on sunday and make my meals for the whole week. Hopefully cutting out the frozen meals and protein bars will help.
everloney
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby rufio89 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:24 pm

Im trying to lose 8lbs (because ive put on that much!!)

I've just got home from the gym and Im reallly watching what Im eating, so wish me luck!
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby rufio89 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:27 pm

Oh and everlonely...

You cant understand why you're so tired??? You're working long hours and going to the gym or karate every night! Take a night off and give your body a break!!
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:00 pm

Also eating rubbish food will not help your energy levels so a healthy diet will help boost your energy levels

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby whoopsie » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:24 pm

I'm having weight problems at the moment. Not because I'm getting married and feel the need to lose weight for that tho.

When I was about 16, I stopped eating due to my emetophobia. I reasoned that if I ate, I was more likely to be sick than if I didn't. As a result, my body went into famine mode and started to eat itself or however it works (can't remember what the doc said ten years ago!!) Anyway after I started eating again, I would eat child size portions and not a lot really. My weight stuck between 7st 5 and 7st 7 (I'm 5ft 2) My BMI said I was borderline underweight. (18.5ish)

In april last year, I was forced out of my job and was unemployed for 7 months. Over those 7 months, I slowly started putting on weight and now I weigh between 9st 3 and 9st 6. My BMI is now 23.4 and I'm on the heavier side of Healthy.

I know this doesn't seem like something to worry about, but when you've always been slim and then suddenly all your clothes are too small (esp your fav skinny jeans) it gets a bit upsetting. I don't like what I see when I look in the mirror. The only thing that did please be was my once 32B boobs are now a 32DD but even those are starting to look monstorous!! I have fat rolls where I never used to and I can't cross my legs properly either anymore. I guess cos I'm short, the chubby bits don't sit in proportion.

I would be happy to lose just half a stone, no more really. Me and my boyfriend are trying to eat heathily, and have smaller portions but I'm not really seeing much difference. I've started doing aerobics classes which I enjoy, but they are knackering tbh.

I just wanted to moan really. Everyone I moan to tells me they prefer me the way I am now as opposed to skinny, but I hate that it's noticable (I've had the 'you look well' comments, well fed you mean!!)

I know I'm not overweight etc, but I feel like I look overweight and it gets me down most days :(
=^..^=
whoopsie
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:40 pm

Perspective
You can't stay young forever and rolls or sagging skin are inevitable
Don't take it to mean people are saying well fed I think it's more likely they are saying you looked ill before but didn't have the nerve to say it
No one is perfect and most people have rolls when they sit down
Concentrate on just getting that 1/2 stone off, if it's really that much of a struggle you are foghting what your meant to be and that will be a froever battle that will get harder as you hit the 30's then the 40's then the 50's. better to try to embrace what you are
I too am short and stubby so I know how you feel
I bet you b/f loves your boobs and doesn't see them as huge. Mine are massive now too but I think people pay thousands to have ones like us :wink:

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby everloney » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:40 pm

Whoopsie, i would love to be you. Although I'm not sure that will help you.. Maybe you shouldn't worry too much about your weight as its heathly and just focus on toning up? I'm pretty sure you'll lose weight anyway :). Just add some weight training to your cardio.

Thanks rufio, i took the night off last night (mainly because i injured my shoulder on monday) and it was nice to do nothing but watch TV. I am going to start trying to get more fruits and vegs in my diet, i feel that will help. Wish me luck guys, I'm really trying!
everloney
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby rufio89 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:52 am

Whoopsie, I know what you mean, I was always naturally very skinny at school and college, people used to say I was anorexic, but I ate LOADS and just never put on any weight, and as I've got older that's just stopped. My weight seems to be very sensitive now, so I put on weight very easily, but fortunately I also lose it quite easily (but the fact that I lose food and am lazy is a bit of a kicker), but I was really flat chested at school, I was like a 32A, and it seems like half the weight I've put on is in my boobs! I got measured the other day and Im on the borderline between 34E and 34F. I know people pay a lot of money for boobs like that, and sometimes I love it, but sometimes I feel like they just look obscene.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby everloney » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:36 pm

Big boobs are ok but people ALWAYS comment on them, like wow those are huge and such. I'm 34G... they are not always great. I can't sleep on the tummy...
everloney
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby snail » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:19 pm

I never put on weight on my boobs :(

I can sleep on my tummy if I want though, so there you go.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:35 pm

everloney wrote:Big boobs are ok but people ALWAYS comment on them, like wow those are huge and such. I'm 34G... they are not always great. I can't sleep on the tummy...

No I can't sleep on my tummy either but even if I had small boobs I have a back problem that would prevent it.
I think you just have to try to work with what you have and make the best of it.

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

PreviousNext

Return to Physical