implant

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

implant

Postby Millenia » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:06 pm

Hey guys,

In a few months im changing to the implant on my arm, as im not allowed to be on the depo any longer (been on it 5 years now). I just wondered if anyone had been on it and van tell me the good/bads to it?

Millenia
Millenia
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: implant

Postby Skarlet » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:12 pm

I had the implant for similar reasons. It really didn't work for me. It left me feeling down and miserable, and I had continous spotting for weeks on end. I was prescribed another pill to take to regulate my periods, but it just made me feel sick- so I went onto the pill. My sister has had hers successfully for 2-3 years and did have some problems with extra long periods, but that settled down for her.

I think Lemonjuice87 is using it at the moment, and she has also had issues with longer periods.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby LemonJuice87 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:57 pm

Helloooooo! I felt my ears burning, :D

I've had the Implant since April last year, I do love it to be honest. There's no remember to take a pill or any un-romantic issue's with condoms.

But I did have a slight problem with my period. At first i was getting my period, then missing a month. So, say I got it in May, I missed June and got it in July etc etc.
I was due the end of November and it came on that exact day and I didnt come off till just after Christmas. It was the most frustrating time ever. I went to the Doctor and he put me on the Mini PIll to regulate them.
I have come off the pill as a bit of a test, i'm due on today but it's a no show yet. If it comes then I'll go back n the pill for another month as i'm going on holiday on the 6th.
So I cant really advise much on the period front as I'm still figuring that outmyself lol.

Other than the last few months with my period, I have nothing bad to say about it.

The only issue I would say I didnt like was actually getting the implant. It knocked me about abit. I felt very fever-ish and sick and ended up going to bed very early. But I was fine the next day. I think it was all in my head as I had something in my arm that really shouldnt be there if you understand.

If you need to know anything, feel free to PM me. I'm sure theres other girls on here that have it or have had it in recent years that can help too. :)
You know you're a mum when the thought of food shopping alone becomes exciting.

When you and your significant other are having an argument, just take all of your clothes off during the spat and stand there. Something is bound to happen!! =]
LemonJuice87
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Millenia » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:21 pm

Well i got the depo to begin with because of my endometriosis, and i got the depo without any breaks because having a period was really bad for me. I guess that's my fear as my doctor said im unlikely to get one with it but i might :s.

Because im at university i just don;t want to be crippled in pain again :(

Millenia
Millenia
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby rufio89 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:29 pm

My friend had a really bad time with the implant, similar to skarlet, but then I was much the same with depo - I was on depo for about 18 months, and I was spotting almost constantly, I was moody, tired etc, so if you've not had problems with depo, you might find you dont with the implant.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby LemonJuice87 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:21 am

I used to get really bad period pain. I was in bed for days, i hated for loads of reasons. The main that my boss never beleived me when I phoned in sick for 3 days every month.

I don't know if it's cause I had a baby or the implant, but i dont get period pain anymore.

You should talk it all through with your doctor, he/she be able to tell you what would be the best form for you regarding the pain.
You know you're a mum when the thought of food shopping alone becomes exciting.

When you and your significant other are having an argument, just take all of your clothes off during the spat and stand there. Something is bound to happen!! =]
LemonJuice87
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Millenia » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:05 pm

Well, she told me it was trial and error really. She said if i can handle the depo then i can handle this, so :cry:

It just bothers me and actually scares me as i don;t want to be taking days off for period pains. I was the same as you lemonjuice i failed most of my school exams because i couldn't attend them. I guess i don't want it affecting me again.

Millenia
Millenia
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby cambot » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:48 pm

Hi guys

Sorry, hope this is okay but didn't want to start a new topic when this is so close to what I'm talking about...

Has anyone with an implant ever found it reaaaaalllly hard to lose weight???? I understand from a lot of internet posts and questions that Implanon can make you put on weight but over the last couple of months, literally, I have managed to put two stone on 8-[ :cry: AND that is with going to the gym three times a week! So something is obviously not right!!! Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this with the Implant and whether or not coming off it has made a difference??

I'm considering having it taken out...Like... the "risk" isn't there anymore...well it is but not so impending lol.... the only other benefit to having it is that it regulates my PCOS a bit but when I was lighter *sniff* that was working out anyway... so... I'm on about 60/40 to take it out...And if I went on the pill or something else that might regulate the same??? I dunno... but does any one have any experience of this?? Also if it does come out will it leave a scar???

thank youuuuuu :)
"If you're wondering how he eats and breathes And other science facts, Just repeat to yourself it's just a show I should really just relax for Mystery...Science...Theater...3000!"
cambot
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby highlandcow » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:50 pm

I've got the implant too, it's worked relatively well for me. The only problem I've had is that my periods are really irregular. I have about 2 months bleed free and then a few days "on" a few off and then a few "on" again.

Which is a bit of a pain, but it's my only option now, and the pros outweighs the cons.
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:
'It's good to be alive!'"

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby cambot » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:06 pm

Thanks Highland, you alright Chick?

Aye it is a bit hit and miss.. spose we've not got it too bad. I read some peoples side affects and they were horrible :s How long have you had it? The irrgularities might balance themselves out if you've not had it long. Originally mine was like that but now it's calmed down abit now.. Tell you what was awful the first few weeks was the mood swings!! I was a right moody moo cow for a while lol.

Ah well anyway.. I'm gonna make an appointment with my Dr for this week, discuss with her what she thinks I need to do.

Thanks very much :)
"If you're wondering how he eats and breathes And other science facts, Just repeat to yourself it's just a show I should really just relax for Mystery...Science...Theater...3000!"
cambot
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby highlandcow » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:19 pm

cambot wrote:Thanks Highland, you alright Chick?

I'm getting there thanks Cam...hope you're OK?

I've been on mine about 2 years now, I don't think I was moody on it, it's just messed my cycle up.

But I guess there is pros and cons to anything like that. Good luck with the docs!
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby seahorsesally » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:42 pm

i had it for two years and took it out on the third cos it was affecting my moods making me tired n was constantly week on week off it was murder! however i am getting a new one put in next week after nearly 6 months without it.
my doctor has advised me that it is a slightly smaller implant than the one i had before and that i might not have the same problems due to slight changes in the implanon.
for me its a no brainer its so much better than other methods out there. the first two years were great so i know if i start to feel crappy again just to get it out.
As for scarring it does leave a small scar but nothing garish infact it should be hardly noticeable. will let u know how i get on with new one
seahorsesally
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby highlandcow » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:10 pm

I like grossing people out by poking one of the ends of it to make the other end stand up a bit....

That's probably just me.

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:30 am

:o HLC I think it may jusst be you
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby rufio89 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:12 pm

highlandcow wrote:That's probably just me.

My friend used to do that to. I preferred taking my lipring out and putting paperclips through it. That upset people hahaha.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Next

Return to Physical