A friend I want but its too complicated

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

A friend I want but its too complicated

Postby JGRD146 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:31 am

Hi, im a 21 yr old man now and for a while since 2000 i have had this friend. We were both geeks but as we left we changed. Ive become obsessed in the way i present myself and no longer look nerdy (as I dont have problem getting dates at all) and shes in uni still immature and annoying but thats what i adore about her.

My parents cant stand her and my friends but when i see her i smile. Shes always caring and considerate and helps me through rough patches and i do same back. Im the person she calls when shes upset and i always cheer her up which makes me happy about myself. I dreamed that i had this ideal woman in mind but shes nothing to what i compare my friend to even if she is not the most attractive woman in the world. Its just if i do something about it then everyone would turn on me and i would be alone with her which i wouldnt mind but im a family man at heart and couldnt bear my family not speaking with me.

I feel really comfortable and can be myself around her and being friends for 10 years really connected us together through gd and bad. She is my soul mate. Please dont critise me as i do know that if i like her then ignore the others but its just nt that simple
Everything that has a beginning has an end
JGRD146
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: A friend I want but its too complicated

Postby RagDoll » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:23 am

Why do your parents dislike this girl so much?

I am inclined to say that you should do what you want, at the end of the day you're an adult, but I can also understand you being worried that from the word go, your parents aren't going to like her or the relationship. That's why I'm wondering why they don't like her... is it justified?
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Re: A friend I want but its too complicated

Postby snail » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:26 am

Agreed - we need much more info. Are you sure your family would "turn on you" if you got together with her? That seems very extreme. And surely you could still keep your friends, even if you didn't go out with both them and her at the same time?
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Friends