Routines we have without noticing.

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Routines we have without noticing.

Postby kerrie24 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:55 pm

I was helping to dry dishes after a school meeting the other day and somebody pointed out that I had stacked the piles of mugs to exactly the same height and said did I have ocd or something? So we started talking about little things like that which we do as part of our routine but people might regard them as strange.One of my friends said that when she hangs out the washing,she has to have two pegs of the same colour on each item,rather than say a green and a pink.Also there was the way people stirred their tea,tidied their houses or got washed in the shower.
I was just wondering really (cos im nosy like that) does anyone have any little 'quirks' like these that they regard as entirely normal,or should I start a group for wierdos with these people haha :oops:
kerrie24
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: Routines we have without noticing.

Postby Skarlet » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:03 pm

One of the things I know I do, is when i get the train home from work, I always get on at the same door, and always sit on the same side.. but only on the way home.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby whoopsie » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:46 pm

I always wash my hair first in the shower, it would feel weird if i didn't. When putting any item of clothes on, i always put the right side on/in first. I always say bye to my cat billy first before the others 3. I know i have more but can't think of any at the moment.
=^..^=
whoopsie
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby RagDoll » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:55 pm

I agree with Whoopsie about the shower thing, I always wash my hair first too. I'm trying to think of other quirky things I do - I know there are some, but it's hard to actually think of things when you always do them on automatic pilot without giving it a second thought! Hmmmm :-k
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby yummymummy90 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:46 pm

I do the hair washing thing too! I have to hoover every day or I can't sleep. I also have a thing about doors, certain ones have to stay open and others have to be shut or I can't stay in that room. My boyfriend seems to love taking the mick by opening/closing doors lol :evil: I have quite a few but I can't remember!!
Be proud of your puffed up pie!!
yummymummy90
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:44 pm

I always wash my face first in the shower; and when I am at my boyfriends I wash my face twice.

hmm I'll have to think about the other things...
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby ToriL87 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:10 pm

Hmm i'll have to take note of my shower routine tomorrow-but i think i alter mine. I'm nearly actually a little ocd about not having a routine-i like a bit of varity, i tend to alter my walking route to classes and sometimes i shower before i take my dog out (and i go with wet hair) other times i wait until i've taken him out and eaten my breakfast.

I guess it would take someone else to point out the routines that we're really completely oblivious to...
Sorry, can't hang out, it's Quidditch season. You know how it is...
ToriL87
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby kerrie24 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:12 am

I just remembered another thing I do,when Im in the car if I turn the radio up it has to be on an even number volume,so if it sounds loud enough on 23,I'd turn it to 22 or 24 cos I cant leave it on an odd number!
kerrie24
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby RagDoll » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:57 am

I have a bit of a thing about doors too - before I leave the house, I always leave the doors either completely shut, or pushed to. I never leave them swinging open. I don't really know what difference it makes, think it just feels untidy if they're wide open, haha. I am strange.
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby LemonJuice87 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:55 pm

I stir my tea/coffee anti-clockwise. I never noticed untill I met Mr. LemonJuice.

He cannot and will not drink his tea or coffee if I have stirred it anti-clickwise. He'll make a point of taking it back into the kitchen and stirring it clockwise. :o
You know you're a mum when the thought of food shopping alone becomes exciting.

When you and your significant other are having an argument, just take all of your clothes off during the spat and stand there. Something is bound to happen!! =]
LemonJuice87
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby whoopsie » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:21 pm

LemonJuice87 wrote:I stir my tea/coffee anti-clockwise. I never noticed untill I met Mr. LemonJuice.

He cannot and will not drink his tea or coffee if I have stirred it anti-clickwise. He'll make a point of taking it back into the kitchen and stirring it clockwise. :o

I stir anti clockwise too!

My boyfriend has a weird fried egg eating routine. He'll cover it with salt, eat all the white around the yolk, then he lifts the yolk off of the remaining egg and eats that, then he eats the yolk and spreads any spillage over his toast like butter. Every time. And god help you if you try and dip in his egg and break it...
=^..^=
whoopsie
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby ToriL87 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:32 pm

I'm an anti-clockwise stirrer too! not just in tea and coffee, but i whisk anti-clockwise too..
ToriL87
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby ceilidh1990 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:42 am

I have to wash my hair at the end of the shower and I have to get out of the shower exactly after all the conditioner is out.. that's probably my weirdest quirk and I forget them all the time. My boyfriend has a habit of pointing out all of my quirks all the time though! :P
Oh, the tv volume has to be on a multiple of 5, that's another.
ceilidh1990
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby highlandcow » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:43 pm

When I'm listening to music and somone interupts me, I have to put the song back to the beginning rather than carry on listening where it stopped. It just doesn't feel right if I don't.

I brush my teeth before eating breakfast, but I never thought this was odd until my boyfriend pointed it out.

And I wash my hair first in the shower as well. :P
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:
'It's good to be alive!'"

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby ToriL87 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:37 pm

Well highland cow you tell him that the British Dental Health foundation recommend that your brush before breakfast! (look at me the big dental nerd!)
it's something to do with erosion and saliva :) so some of these quirky routines we have are proving to be good for us..
Last edited by ToriL87 on Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ToriL87
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Next

Return to Chit Chat