IT Question - lost all my music

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

IT Question - lost all my music

Postby spacegirl » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:14 pm

A while ago my laptop packed in on me, turns out it was some virus called "the black screen of death" -n that was hidden in Microsoft security updates. Anyway, when i turn on my laptop, i get the intel thing comes on, then just a black screen. i'm not that worried about the actual laptop, but i had over 1000 photos and 3000 songs on there, and because i didn't back up (duh...) i can't get this back. The music is all on my ipod, but i can't sync my ipod with 2 libraries at a time :(

I got a load of CDs from friends, but there is so much that is MY taste and i forgot how many albums i have that i love and my friends don't seem to have, i'm gutted! there are also compilations that a few ex's made for me of really good songs that i like (i hold no sentimental attachment to them lol, just really good songs!) - does anyone know of a way that i can get my music from my ipod onto my new computer, or has anyone heard of this virus and is it possible to retrieve files?

not if you were the last dandy on earth
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Re: IT Question - lost all my music

Postby Skarlet » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:35 pm

There are a couple of things you can do, either take the pc to a computer shop, ask them to slave the drive and recover your data. There is also a way to get your files from your ipod. I did it when I had to rebuild my pc from scratch after a virus. If you google it, there are lots of methods on how to get into the files on your ipod. I did it successfully, just make sure when you open Itunes, you have it set to not automatically update and sync with your ipod, or it will wipe it.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: IT Question - lost all my music

Postby spacegirl » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:58 pm

thanks skarlet!!! don't ask me why i didn't think to google that before but i've got all my music back!! ecstatic! *HUG*
not if you were the last dandy on earth
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to Chit Chat