Cant Sleep

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Cant Sleep

Postby Gina2520 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:26 pm

Hi All,

My boyfriend stoped smoking new years day and ever since he has not been able to sleep.

He wakes up about 6 times a night and feels tired all day.

Is they anything he could try to help him sleep, i dont want him to take sleeping tablets unless he has to.

I have suggested he cut down on his caffine intake and he has but still cant sleep.

Any sugguestions would be greatly appricated.

Thanks
Gina2520
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Cant Sleep

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:51 am

You could tell him to try calms as they are a natural sleep aid.
It may well be his body adjusting and he will eventually get back to normal
Has he tried reading before bed? That helps some people
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby Aurelie » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:34 am

Hi Gina,

Firstly, well done to your boyfriend for quitting!

There are lots of suggestions:
- Aromatherapy - you can buy little sachets/pouches of oils to put on his pillow which will help him sleep, or products such as the 'Badger' range (all natural, organic) who have a temple rub for relaxing and sleeping (one of my friends has used the anti-anxiety one and says that they are really very effective). Also aromatherapy bath oils, a hot relaxing bath could well help, especially with some calming bath soak.

- A hot drink - i.e. horlicks, it's purpose is for a good nights sleep.

- Wearing himself out - lots of exercise in the day will improve the quality and need for sleep.

- Making sure he is really tired and relaxed before going to bed - sounds silly, but it is true that if someone goes to bed not tired or worked up (i.e. fretting that he won't sleep) then they won't sleep well - the suggestion of reading is a good one to relax before bed (unless he is into horror!)

- Go with it - this shouldn't last forever and will more than likely work itself out when the body has properly re-adjusted. Although it is difficult now, if he goes with it, it should calm down itself.

All the best,
Aurelie.
Aurelie
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby ToriL87 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:59 pm

My ex-boyfriend had terrible nightmares when he gave up smoking (to be honest i thought it was just an excuse at the time) but this could be his bodys way of saying it wants to smoke. So good on him for keeping off the ciggies. I sometimes take kalms like Bel Bel suggested, they are natural and i think possibly mostly a psycological thing.

Boots used to make a pillow mist, was meant to aid a good nights sleep, it had nutmeg and something else in it, it was great-i always thought it helped me fall asleep expecially on nights when i had exams or was stressed out.
when i googled it i found a different one
http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stores/ ... illow+mist

Apart from the usual suggestions of reducing caffine, hot drinks, baths etc. why not visit your local health food shop, as they might have some kind of alternative and natural remedy (they maybe make a pillow mist)
Sorry, can't hang out, it's Quidditch season. You know how it is...
ToriL87
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Gina2520 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:38 pm

Thanks for the repiles.

he seems to be sleeping better now and has kept up with not smoking.

Thanks again
Gina2520
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby snail » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:39 pm

That's brilliant, it must have been really hard and he should be immensely proud of it.
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to And the rest...