Billy no mates

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Billy no mates

Postby everloney » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:55 pm

Hi its me again :). I'm lonely and it's making me sad. I just don't think i am the sort of person that loves alot of alone time. I mean i like it and i like it even more when i crave it, Ie i am so busy socially. I mean i could try and change and become a loner type, but its not me and i don't want to be the loner type. anyway, i'll get to the main bit. My main friend is really busy at the mo, seems to have alot of stuff going on and so has no time for me. Everyone else has also been really busy, so i have been spending my weeknights and weekends alone. Its lonely!! My housemates gf moved in and so they are always doing couple things. Nice for them, a thorn in my side for me. I guess I'm looking for suggestions on how to make more friends. My lonesomeness is potentially driving me back to the dating site and i don't want to go back. :( any ideas? I'm thinking of doing a sailing course but it doesn't start till march...
everloney
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: Billy no mates

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:47 pm

You could join a site to make penpals rather than a dating site.
I know you already go to kick boxing, or something similar, is there anyone there you could suggest meeting up with outside the class.
Can you join some more classes? Try to think of ones where you might get the chance to talk to people
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby RagDoll » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:22 pm

I agree with Bel Bel.

Also, is there anyone at work you think you could get along with and be friendly with? If so, you could always suggest you go for a drink/meal/cinema or something together?

With regard to your housemate and/or other people you might know, could they introduce you to some of their friends? That way you will be widening the circle of people you meet and might click with someone enough to form a friendship with them.

One more thought - do you think you could be friends with your housemates girlfriend? If so, I'm sure she'd start inviting you out with her and her friends
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby everloney » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:48 pm

Thanks for the replies guys, funny enough after karate on weds the guy i like asked me to do something on sunday. I think just as friends but hey thats what I'm looking for so works for me :). We exchanged numbers and he said he will call me... swoon... I'm pretty sure i don't want anything other than friendship. I thought about it after getting his number, i figure if something does happen and it didn't work out i would lose and potential friend and make karate awkward. If we are just friends, i may get a buddy i can hang out with and build a friendship. Plus I'm not even sure if i fancy him or not... and he may not be even thinking that and just want to be friends... Wow that turned into a rant... I was just so happy :):)

As for other people, i asked my USA best friend (I know i sound about 5 but its best way to describe her) if she was free on the weekend and i think we may do something tonight. Not sure yet. My other friend texted to hang out saturday, so i seem to have things to do this weekend :). I think i will also join another club or do a course or something... maybe spanish.

As for my housemate, well his gf has no friends. No seriously, her bf is her only friend. He gets stressed because she is always with him and he wants to see his friends. I have tried to make friends with her but shes not interested. She's nice enough, but shes not looking for any kind of friendship. To be honest im not sure why they bother me, i guess it just reminds me im alone. They argue all the time and she keeps pushing him to marry her, theyve been together 6 months. I think it will prob not end well, just hope im not around to see it blow up.
everloney
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Friends