Sleepy

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Sleepy

Postby rufio89 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:28 am

Last night, my boyfriend woke me up about 1am, and asked me what was wrong. I was all sleepy and confused, and I said something like "nothing, why?" and assumed I'd been having one of my nightmares where I was shouting or something, but I hadnt, and he seemed really upset and confused and was saying something like "somethings wrong, why do you keep... like... I dont know how to explain it", and the conversation went round like that for a few minutes and he was getting more and more wound up until he was quite upset. I was sooo tired, so I ended up falling back asleep, and this morning he has absolutely no recollection of this, and I think it's quite funny now.

Does anyone else or their other halves do odd things when they sleep?
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Re: Sleepy

Postby LemonJuice87 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:54 am

I do it!!!!
I start having random conversations with Mr. LemonJuice in the night and he's ever so confused in the morning and I cant
remember a thing.

Apparently, I talk to the cat now. Which I find worrying. Lol.

Sometimes it can really scare you. I remember once, I'd dreamt that something... really bad... happened to Mr. LemonJuice and I woke up and tried to wake him to make sure he was alright. He's a deep sleeper so he didnt wake up straight away and I started panicking. He woke up in the end and told me to stop been stupid and that whatever it was i'd dremt, it didnt really happen.

But in all honesty, it is quite funny. Lol.
You know you're a mum when the thought of food shopping alone becomes exciting.

When you and your significant other are having an argument, just take all of your clothes off during the spat and stand there. Something is bound to happen!! =]
LemonJuice87
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Skarlet » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:44 pm

I have been kneeling down the bottom of the bed, saying no honey no honey, and my bf had to tell me I was dreaming. I also dream about insects crawling on the pillows, so have tried to make him move to avoid them. he found it quite funny.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby ToriL87 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:27 pm

I have a simular problem with the sleep talking, but also i sometimes scream in my sleep, only if theres someone else there or i'm in a new place, for example i used to go camping with a group of friends and everytime without fail in the middle of the night i'd sit bolt up right and scream (not that loudly aparently) I remember having to warning my boyfriend the first time he stayed over at my flat, the more he stayed the less it happened (which is a relief if i ever want to get married)
Sorry, can't hang out, it's Quidditch season. You know how it is...
ToriL87
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:10 pm

I used to sleep walk and have done occasionally as an adult when under severe stress
I used to go out into the street naked, put on dirty clothes from the washing basket and watch hammer house of horror all whilst sleep walking :P
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby highlandcow » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:29 pm

Haha....what a funny topic! :P

Bel Bel wrote:I used to go out into the street naked, put on dirty clothes from the washing basket and watch hammer house of horror all whilst sleep walking :P

Wow! =D> That's got to win the prize for the best one on here!

I don't do anything like this (or at least I haven't been told!) I'm boring, but I have an ex who used to sleep like someone had dis-jointed an octopus and thrown it on the bed. Arms and legs everywhere and I used to have to fit myself around him, usually clinging to the edge of the bed.

My boyfriend now wriggles around a lot and grabs me in his sleep. And proceeds to pull me across to him and wrap his legs around me all in one swift motion, which really made me jump the first time. But now I just think it's sweet really. :)
He never rememebers it in the morning.
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:
'It's good to be alive!'"

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby overrated » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:26 am

Nothing dream-wise has happened to me - only thing I can recount was sleeping funny on my arm, then turning over in bed and my arm literally falling off the edge of the bed. I thought I'd paralysed my arm or something, looking backwas very funny, I was *slightly* concerned about it in my sleepy state
overrated
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby rufio89 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:13 pm

I had a dream last night about insects Skarlet! I get them from time to time, it's nearly always praying mantis' (even though ive never seen one in real life!)

but it was on my bed and I was absolutely freaking out and trying to get away, scrabbling at the other side of the bed (nearly pushed my boyfriend on the floor), and he woke me up and I was very distressed and nearly crying and everytime he touched me I jumped for about 5 minutes until I PROPERLY woke up then I felt a bit silly. haha.

This one was a bit scary (from when I lived at my parents house)
I always sleep with my phone under my pillow, and one night, I DEFINITELY went to sleep with my phone (I checked my sent messages and had sent a message at bedtime). The next day I got up and couldnt find my phone, and I was panicking a bit, but it was before I was so reliant on my phone, so I ended up just going "oh well" and leaving the house to go to school. My Dad offered to give me a lift and when I got in the car I noticed in the plants by the passenger side-window, my phone nestled in the leaves! It was very cold so I assume it had been there for several hours.

I have NO idea what happened there.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby kerrie24 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:04 pm

rufio89 wrote:I always sleep with my phone under my pillow

I dunno if you know but you shouldnt sleep with your mobile under your pillow for the radiation.Just moving it 20 cm away from your head reduces your exposure by up to 98%.It is meant to affect your quality of sleep aswel.
kerrie24
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby ToriL87 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:18 pm

Bel Bel wrote:I used to sleep walk and have done occasionally as an adult when under severe stress
I used to go out into the street naked

I wonder what wave knight would say!
ToriL87
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Bel Bel » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:10 pm

well I was under 10 when i used to go in the street naked so he best not say anything [-X

My mum used to have to call out "dinners ready" to get me to come back in. She was told not to touch me when I was sleep walking as the shock can cause fits or even coma :o
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:51 pm

I don't do anything bad when sleeping, except steal the douvet :).

My boyfriend has a habbit of whacking me when he's alseep. Last week he turned over and elbowed me in the eye (REALLY REALLY hard too) and he said "Oooh I'm sorry, started rubbing it better, kissed it better" and when I said to him in the morning he didn't remember doing anything.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby ToriL87 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:45 pm

That reminds me of how when i was still sort of asleep i used to walk my boyfriend up to ask him if he was still breathing (i can vaguely remember doing it) It used to really annoy him, it was because he used to make funny noises in his sleep. If i'd had any sense at all i'd maybe have realised that him making noises was prob a good indication that he was indeed breathing...
ToriL87
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Return to Chit Chat